Reports to: Account Manager
Compensation: $11.00 per hour plus tips.
Available Shifts: Various – must be available Saturdays
As a Valet Driver, you are responsible for providing a personal vehicle parking and retrieval service for guests while offering excellent customer service. Stand in front of the location, obtain keys from drivers, help with any items or luggage and then drive the car to a parking lot, or parking space near the establishment. When the car owner is ready for the vehicle to be returned, valets run to retrieve the car and help them get in their car.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Park and retrieve cars
· Greet customers in a courteous manner
· The person in this position frequently communicates with customers and staff who have general inquiries about parking, parking locations, and customer service inquires.
· Manage the valet podium
· Organize vehicles
· Manage parking area (barricades, directing traffic, calling cabs, and etc.)
· Hand out claim tickets
· Manage keys
· Do basic math without use of a calculator
· Assist immediate team members with other duties as assigned.
· Accepts cash payments for valet services.
Position Type and Expected Hour of Work
This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Days and hours of work are Saturdays and varying shifts based on availability.
$11.00/hour base pay plus tips
Some travel may be required (up to 100 mile radius from Sacramento)
Required Education and Experience
· 18 Years of Age
· Valid Driver’s License
· 7 Year Criminal Background Check
· Pre-employment drug screen.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Previous customer service experience.
· The ability to drive a standard transmission (stick shift).
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended period of time.
· Must be able to run up to 5 miles in a shift (3-6 hours typically)
· The person in this positions needs to often move about the parking entrance and parking garage of assigned location.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with parking guests who may inquire about parking and visitor information. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
· Must be able to detect incoming traffic and assess parking flows.
· Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
· Employees will be required to wear a uniform and follow appropriate grooming standards.
· Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
· The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
· Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
· Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
USA Valet Parking LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, USA Valet Parking LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
USA VALET PARKING LLC
Why Work Here?USA Valet Parking provides valet parking service throughout Northern CA. Based in Sacramento, we cover a 100 mile radius, including Napa, East Bay, Tahoe, Modesto and San Jose.
Great flexibility and a lot of fun!