USA Millwork Denver, CO
- Expired: July 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Engineering Lead works closely with the Engineering Manager, other Engineers, Project Managers, and Production while managing these tasks: training and direction of other engineers, peer reviews, engineering releases in Microvellum, incorporates redlines and field dimensions, and follows up with other Engineers on scheduled events and questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out duties assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Attends hand-off meetings and weekly project management meetings when Engineering Manager is not available.
- Follows up with other team members on meeting deadlines and upcoming projects to work on.
- Works closely with the Operations and Engineering teams on conflict resolution to ensure deadlines are hit in a timely manner.
- Proactively communicates potential issues and challenges with the Engineering team.
- Stays up to date with field conditions and updates drawings for fabrication accordingly.
- Maintains an understanding of all the materials and hardware used to manufacture the approved scope of work.
- Utilizes AutoCAD and Microvellum to prepare drawings for production release and release to subcontract vendor fabrication.
- Helps team members with questions and issues.
This position does not have any direct supervisor responsibilities. However, the position assists and guides other team members with questions and concerns. The position also follows and instructs other team members on the schedule when the Engineering Manager and Drafting Supervisor not available.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to read and interpret architectural drawings/blueprints
- Excellent AutoCAD millwork drafting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with millwork production methods and fabrication techniques
- Experience with CNC manufacturing
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands, handle/feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally push, pull, or lift from below the waist, or lift from an overhead position and carry 5-10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a both an office environment and on or near the shop floor where there may be moving mechanical parts with occasional exposure to the risk of electrical shock, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high.
- Minimal travel, if any, will be required for this position.
EngineeringView all jobs at USA Millwork