Production Planner/Scheduler (South Houston - 77587)
- Posted: 19 days ago
USA Industries, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, American manufacturer incorporated in 1982 with its origins dating back to 1959. USA Industries specializes in the rental and sale of Piping Isolation & Testing Products, Flow Measurement Products, Heat Exchanger Tools, and Tube Plugs. The company boasts an established product line, multiple patents, in-house engineering/design, and unrivaled customer service. Through innovation and professionalism, USA Industries has differentiated itself as a leading supplier of manufactured goods to the refining, chemical processing, and power markets.
We have deeply committed values to our Customers and Employees, as we consider them all part of the USA Industries’ Family. Self-starters who embrace the company’s core values of F.A.M.I.L.Y. (Friendly, Available, Motivated, Innovative, Loyal, “Yes” attitude) will find stability, opportunity, and fulfillment at a continuously growing company. When you join USA Industries Inc., you will have at your disposal the advice and guidance of a team of seasoned professionals from within the industry. You will grow professionally as you gain valuable knowledge and experience through individual and team contributions.
The Production Planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process for both 1st and 2nd shift production operations. This position is responsible for creating production schedules and ensuring goods and equipment to satisfy the demands of the schedule are available. Routinely reviews the production schedules, inventory reports, and capacity to determine efficiencies and types and quantities of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority, to ensure on time completion and expedited order fulfillment. Performs routine assignments and creates standard work procedures for others to follow. Prepares reports of labor activity, scrap, nonconformance, and material issuance associated with production requirements. Reviews and coordinates the closure of completed production activities ensuring accurate costing and variance reporting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under supervision of Production Manager providing daily communication of at risk schedules.
- Creates and issues work order travelers to meet schedule deadlines.
- Creates reports from production data such as customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and labor and material activity to establish efficiencies to take necessary actions to ensure product is available and improve quality and time efficiencies.
- Reviews types and quantities of items produced, materials used, and amount of scrap, material substitutions, formats. Reviews customer orders, and other specifications, staff and equipment availability to generate production lead time forecast.
- Distributes work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities, compiles material inventory records and prepares requisitions after Production Manager approval for procurement of materials and services.
- Coordinates with Sales providing support and consultation to the sales department on behalf of the Production Manager regarding scheduling and capacity for expedited orders.
- On behalf of manager, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment as directed.
- Acts as subject matter expert on blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and, product samples as well as records of work and revisions.
- Assesses records on production data for comparison and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, on time delivery, and other aspects of production.
- Interprets technical information with help of Production Manager to work cross functionally in coordinating with other employees when conflicts exist.
- Coordinates with Purchasing and Supply Chain Management to ensure on time delivery and receipt of outsourced processes.
- Coordinates with warehouse staff to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
- Coordinates with Production department leads to establish timeline of completion and scheduling of work, as well as daily reviews where needed to ensure timely completion of active jobs and ensuring job priority is maintained.
- Accountable for the collection, analysis, and adjustment of entered data into the ERP database, ensuring accuracy by investigating and resolving and reporting any discrepancies.
- Analyze all facets of project data and create a weekly meeting report summarizing data as well as labor and non-conformance issues to be delivered to department leads and management.
- Troubleshoot production bottlenecks and recommend plans to alleviate the issue.
- Communicate schedule changes to all affected departments.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to help achieve objectives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, most notably Excel.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English language.
- Requires the understanding of ERP systems and how to navigate them.
- Understands the requirements of work traveler structure and how to create them within an ERP environment.
- Is proficient in tactful conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Knowledge of production processes and flow of product within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to be effective in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management, written communication skills, and attention to details.
- High degree of organization and analytical foresight.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Possess analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and troubleshoot issue.
- Must be able to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in an industrial manufacturing process environment in production planning and scheduling.
- Experience with low-volume/high-mix production, heavy equipment production, or machine shop operations is preferred
- Knowledge of production planning process required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; capable of listening intently; diplomatic resolution to conflict; visual acuity to process reports.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time as well as routinely walk the facilities
Powered by JazzHR
USA Industries, LLC
AddressSouth Houston, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?