- Over a month ago
U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in eighteen states.
Under supervision, performs construction, maintenance and/or repair on water and wastewater utility system equipment and company facilities as directed.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the investigation of utility systems and troubleshoot and correct electrical, mechanical and piping problems as experience and training allows and as directed by Lead Maintenance Mechanic. Pull, repair, and analyze mechanical equipment (pumps, motors, submersibles, etc.) as necessary to complete required repairs. Assist in the installation of new utility system improvements and other water and wastewater utility related projects.
- Responds to maintenance schedules for equipment and vehicles. Assures the proper maintenance duties are performed. Responds to emergency calls as designated.
- Assists with the proper maintenance of equipment of plant, collection or distribution facilities; may drive a company vehicle and is responsible for appearance, maintenance and organization of vehicle and tool inventory.
- Works with other maintenance employees and assists in coordinating the efficient use of allocated labor and supplies for day-to-day requirements.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance records up-to-date including work orders and related forms.
- May assist in other duties such as reading meters, cleaning and clearing activities, painting, project punch-out, loading and unloading materials.
- Act as trainee if designated, in regard to operation of heavy equipment (backhoe, excavator, tractor, etc.).
- Perform lift station inspections including cleaning, properly setting level controls, cleaning wet well walls, documenting hour meter readings and calculating run times, trim/cut grass and weed as needed, test alarm/communication systems weekly and report abnormalities to the Lead Technician.
- Manhole inspections including completing the report on each manhole and meeting the minimum quantities required.
- Fire hydrant maintenance including flushing, greasing, painting and completing the report on each hydrant and completing the minimum quantities required.
Must possess mobility to work in wastewater treatment plants and related facilities; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work in confined spaces, around machines and to climb and descend ladders, and to operate varied hand and power tools and construction equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; color vision to read gauges and identify appurtenances; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and climb to perform work and inspect work sites. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 75 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
Employees work mainly outdoors, and partially indoors, and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives, and contractors in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator License (Drivers License)
- Ability to demonstrate a level of mechanical, electrical or plumbing aptitude
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to travel during work week
- Ability to be on call after work hours
- ODEQ C & D License
- Expert in performing mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing abilities
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k) with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
US Water Services Corporation
Real EstateView all jobs at US Water Services Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?