Graphic Designer Wanted for Full-Time, Salaried Position with Benefits
Toy company seeking an entry level, self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines to join our in-house design team.
An ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and excellent communication skills. The ability to work either in a team or alone is a must. Ability to follow through various on-line review and approval processes would be a big plus.
Design responsibilities could include, but not be limited to:
Have basic understanding of printing processes, print design and layout, typography, and photography.
Print design for packaging, labels, catalogs and displays.
Create and apply graphics for use in packaging, labels, POP displays, etc.
Have basic understanding of structural folds, tabs and die cuts used in retail packaging and POP displays.
Have the ability to maintain a brand look across multiple platforms.
Assemble production-quality mockups.
Edit and color correct photos.
Create technical illustrations and creative copy for instruction manuals and catalogs.
Organize and access files using FTP and file servers.
• Must have knowledge of different file formats and their usage.
• Must be able to collaborate on design process, take direction, and work well with others.
• Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
• Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
• Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
• Must be able to do light physical work and be willing to get hands dirty.
BFA or BA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform -- Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design & Acrobat.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Experience working in the design industry a plus.
Experience working in an office environment.
Ability to organize multiple jobs with various deadlines.
Professional communication skills.
A portfolio of recent works that demonstrate a range of ideas with a strong sense of design.