Job Title: Bilingual Customer Service Rep.(Cantonese)
Location: Dallas, TX 75206
Duration: 12 months Potential (temp to perm opportunity.)
Note: Must be Fluent in either Cantonese or Vietnamese or Mandarin or Korean.
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative is responsible for delivering a positive application experience for prospective policyholders. The Call Center Representative places outbound calls to and services inbound calls from policy applicants to collect and compile key data points that support the policy underwriting process.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Conduct inbound and outbound applicant interviews with both expediency and accuracy to collect and compile key data points that support the policy underwriting process.
- Use various systems to access the applicants phone number to dial calls; manage and update the call disposition and conduct the interview.
- Assist underwriters during the underwriting process by conducting follow up calls with applicants for additional information.
- Access databases and website (e.g., medical dictionaries, underwriting references, medication and/or physician look ups) at point of call.
- Trigger alerts to the Agent, General Office staff and/or Underwriter when necessary.
- Handle status inquiries from applicants, Agents, General Office personnel and underwriters.
- Handle interviews of higher complexities such as applicants who may have more remarkable personal and health histories; and with applicants applying for higher coverage amounts.
- Research special cases and disposition them appropriately.
- Operate with a continuous improvement mindset, providing feedback and suggestions to improve the telephone interview application process to immediate manager.
Experience: 1 + year experience in a customer service environment (highly preferred).
Top must-have skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Must be fluent in English and Cantonese or Vietnamese or Mandarin or Korean (Verbal & Written) Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Background in medical terminology and/or life insurance underwriting (preferred but not required).
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Strong computer skills highly preferred.
Training & Development:
- Undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing.
- Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
Department Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM until 11:00 PM ET, Friday 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM ET, and Saturday 9:45 AM until 5:45 PM ET. (Candidates are provided flexibility to start shift between 8 am- 2:30 pm during the work week.)