Small CPA firm, looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to join the team and help manage the growing bookkeeping service offering.
This is a 20-25 hours per week job expected to be full-time in 3-6 months.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our clients and provide exceptional and timely service. Our ideal candidate has solid fundamental understanding of the bookkeeping cycle and strong understanding in both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks online. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our multiple clients.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Bring the books to the financial statement completion (monthly, quarterly etc.)
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Record month-end Journal Entries as needed (Payroll, Depreciation etc.)
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts (Cash, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, Equity etc.)
- Maintain documentation and support and audit trail
- Manage clients' expectations
- Support Office Manager in daily tasks as needed
- basic data entry for tax preparation
- Assist CPA on various tasks as needed
- Proven QuickBooks experience, desktop and online in all aspects
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Data entry skills along with attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Customer service orientation
- Valid driver's license, to enable commute to clients' locations (limited commute)
- Knowledge in payroll processing strongly desired. (ADP Run platform, Intuit Online Payroll preferred)
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and manage own schedules to meet deliverable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.