The Branch Associate is responsible for fulfilling all needs of US Supply customers to include (once trained) providing strong customer service in the counter/inside sales responsibilities. He or she is responsible to work cooperatively with the Branch manager and other members of the team to reach the branch operations and profit goals. This position participates in receiving, warehousing, picking and shipping activities and will assist customers in the loading of their truck and making deliveries to customers as authorized and assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Actively services all needs of customers including sales order processing, returns/ defective material processing, product/transfer procurement and providing technical informational and printed material. Reviews/updates applicable reports and queues and completes as well as follows up on assigned tasks accurately and timely. Handles all customers in a friendly professional manner and with diplomacy and tact.
• Participates (as directed by the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager) in all activities related to the physical handling of inventory, including receiving, stocking picking and shipping.
• Accurately processes customers’ transactions such as orders, quotes and returns. Adheres to all company policies & procedures, while achieving company sales margins and quotas. Participates in branch sales growth and operational initiatives as directed by Branch Manager.
• Communicates regularly and timely with customers providing accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items and procured non-stock items.
• When requested, coordinates the prompt transfer of inventory from one branch to another and determines the transfer priority and arranges accordingly for shipping.
• Participates in the preparation for and taking of branch audits and physical inventories.
• Helps ensure that counter, self-serve, warehouse and delivery areas are kept clean, neat and safe.
• Gives input to the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager in the development of improved operational functions within the requirements of company policies and procedures.
Accurately loads and unloads trucks, to maintain inventory accuracy and a high level of customer care. Inspects product for damage and/or defects and processes return goods per vendors’ SOP.
• If authorized to drive, safely delivers products sold to customers, obtaining required signatures, collecting COD monies and unloads material in designated customer location.
• Operates all company vehicles and equipment safely and properly, observing all traffic rules, signs, bridge weight/height requirements. Performs required equipment inspections, locks truck to secure loads, maintains updated paperwork (registration, insurance certificate, state stickers), Maintains security of keys, EZ Pass transponder and fuel card.
• Participates in company directed training and follows all company policies and procedures. Helps to ensure the branch is operated ethically and to maintain a positive reputation in the community.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned.
• Education: High School Diploma
• Experience: Minimum of 1+ years wholesale distribution experience preferred, selling and customer service experience in a wholesale or retail environment. Friendly customer service orientation required.
• Plumbing, HVAC product knowledge obtained through sales, service, or education/training (required for Senior Branch Associate responsibilities)
• Good keyboard input and look-up skills needed. ERP or Eclipse experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
Work is performed indoors in a counter, self-service facility with a branch warehouse and outside storage. Employee will be exposed to the elements when making deliveries or when handling product stored outside the building.
Occasional travel is required to other branch locations, corporate office or to customer locations for deliveries or for training and meetings.
This position is physical and requires the ability to stand for up to eight hours, bend and lift up to 70 pounds of product with the aid of material handling equipment. A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a truck under 26,000 lb. as well as operate a forklift.
Position Type and Expected hours of work: Full Time/Regular or Part Time. Hours are Monday –Friday during branch day hours; some Saturdays required as coordinated with branch staff or as scheduled by Branch Manager
Why Work Here?We are a family owned regional wholesale distributor of HVAC and Plumbing Supplies established 70 years ago. As a strong force in our markets, we currently operate 10 locations, two distribution centers and a company showroom with our corporate office located in West Conshohocken, PA. We strive to grow by providing excellence in Customer Care and creating Win-Win solutions to the contractor and do-it-yourself customers. We are professionals operating in a casual family type environment; focused on team collaboration and communication to develop our business. We offer growth opportunities through career development, a complete benefits package to include medical benefits, paid time off and 401K match.
Secure Company, Great Benefits and Growth Potential, Family Oriented with a great reputation..JOIN TODAY!