US Signal Company LLC Byron Center, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
US Signal is a leading data center services provider, offering secure, reliable network, cloud hosting, colocation, data protection, and disaster recovery services — all powered by its expansive, robust fiber network. US Signal also helps customers optimize their IT resources through the provision of managed services and professional services.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in Byron Center, Michigan.
The Network Engineer position serves as a technical resource to support all functions related to the US Signal IP Network. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the US Signal IP, MPLS, and Ethernet networks in conjunction with the Transport network and Cloud services offerings.
- Design of customer driven and network support projects, including creation of Bill of Materials. Develop, publish, and oversee the execution of detailed Methods of Procedure needed for project completion.
- Provide Tier II technical support for Provisioning, Technical Operations Center, and Operations personnel in a post-sales role.
- Assist in network architecture, development and evaluation of technology.
- Document and work with peers on new technology and topology designs, including providing training across departments within the organization.
- Evaluate and perform network optimization opportunities.
- Management, configuration and support of all core and edge network routing and switching devices.
- Connectivity and bandwidth management between service provider network elements.
- Support of protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS, REP, ERP, LACP, mLACP, VRRP, 802.1Q.
- Assist with the configuration and provisioning of Metro Ethernet Services.
- Perform scheduled maintenance related to hardware and software during established maintenance windows as required.
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 accountable, on-call schedule.
- Other projects as assigned by US Signal Management.
- Strong knowledge of common routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet protocols such as LACP, mLACP, 802.1Q, STP, RSPT+, G.8032, ERP, REP, Flex Link, MPLS, QoS.
- Proficiency with core network technologies and architectures.
- Extensive familiarity with Cisco routing and switching product lines.
- Familiarity with Ciena, Cyan, Adtran Ethernet product lines.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy as well as excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of optical network topologies and practices is a plus.
- Ability to work well with all areas of the US Signal organization, as well as effective communication skills with external customers and vendors as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Technical training in LAN/WAN Networking in telecommunications is required. A Bachelor's degree in Networking, Computer Science or a similar field of study is preferred.
Extensive experience with CLI based operating systems, such as Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & IOS-XR is required. Experience with Cisco routing and switching products is required. Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, and Linux platforms. Experience with MEF standards, Adtran, Ciena and Cyan Ethernet products is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
This position operates in a variety of environments. The majority of the time is spent in a professional office environment and this role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Cisco Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE are preferred. Valid, active driver's license with a good driving record as defined by the Company's current insurance provider.
All US Signal employees will comply with US Signal Information Security policies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of US Signal and customer data. All employees are responsible to ensure actions comply with state and federal regulations and requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a match. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer
US Signal Company LLC
AddressByron Center, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at US Signal Company LLC