**This positions hub location will be located in Phoenix, AZ but candidates can live remote elsewhere on the West Coast **
Role Summary: Consults with owners, owners representatives (consulting engineers), and customers regarding technical matters concerning product application, construction specifications, installation procedures, customer complaints, and other services required to promote the companys products and maintain the end users satisfaction.
As for all employee, this individual is expected to demonstrate our core values: customer commitment, high-performance culture, fleet of foot, innovation, accountability, integrity, respect for others and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive specification inclusion and product promotion through presentations to engineers, municipalities, contractors and owners.
Supports the sales staff
Performs field investigations on an as needed basis of customer complaints when the companys product fails to meet the customers expectations making recommendations as to remedial action required to resolve the source of the dissatisfaction. Recommendations are also made concerning financial settlements on customers damage claims.
Consults with owners and owners representatives concerning the proper application of the company products and assists in drafting project specifications incorporating ANSI, AWWA, ISO and other applicable standards. Assists in design of product systems to meet specific project needs incorporating ANSI, AWWA, DIPRA, ISO, and other applicable design procedures. This consultation may involve corrosion affects and prevention of the companys products.
Consults with customers (including distributors, contractors, and owners personnel) on proper application, assembly and installation of the companys products. Trains installation personnel in the proper assembly and installation techniques.
Meets with owners personnel to discuss failures of the companys products to meet performance expectations and participate in mutual resolutions to achieve the owners expectations.
Consults with various company department heads and advises on service and product shortcomings effecting remedial action as required.
The employee will be working on-road 50%-75% business travel, heavy at times. It will require business travel to the various pipe plants and job sites, thus exposing the employee to Foundry operations and heavy construction. The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme heat, cold, and noise. The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, Walking, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, and Reaching.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a BS in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical preferred). Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred (with ability to obtain) and desire to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license in the future.
- Requires good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Must have the ability to apply standard engineering principles to situations and be able to develop solutions incorporating available products and procedures to minimize customer work stoppage in an economical manner.
- Must have a general knowledge of construction equipment and its capabilities, and construction practices and procedures.
- Must be able to deal with disappointed persons under less than amicable conditions. Strong sense of urgency & self-discipline to meet expectations and timely follow through.
- Must have 5 years employment with the Company with knowledge of production processes, product line, product manufacturing standards, and products intended application.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- The employee will be working on-road 50%-75% business travel, heavy at times. It will require business travel to the various pipe plants and job sites, thus exposing the employee to Foundry operations and heavy construction. The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat & Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, Walking, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing, and Sitting.