Production Supervisor - Shipping
- Posted: over a month ago
To supervise employees in production departments in the operations of the Phoenix AZ branch. To produce pipe at or budgeted costs consistent with quality standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observes operational activities closely and directs changes in methods of operating or work habits to correct operating problems and to maintain quality standards
- Insures and promotes employee safety through administration of safety procedure and techniques.
- Supervises and trains assigned personnel in efficient work procedures, process standards, maintenance of a safe work place, and good housekeeping.
- Schedules and assigns employees and equipment based on anticipated needs, and adjusts the equipment to meet unexpected situations.
- Reviews daily and weekly pipe production schedules to determine adherence to daily production schedules insuring 1 to 1 processing of pipe.
- Coordinates with Reliability in prioritizing work activities to minimize equipment down time and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Performs various administrative activities in relation to documenting standards. Analyzing data, evaluating process changes, and reporting of said information to appropriate individuals and groups.
- Working with Quality Manager to manage QC activities in order to insure that the quality of semi-finished and finished pipe are in compliance with customer, company, and industry standards, and is achieved at or below budget costs.
- Leads efforts related to creating and modifying standard operating instructions (SOI) as needed to improve and sustain process improvements throughout the manufacturing process.
- Rotate within departments as directed.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
Qualified candidates apply to company website, www.uspipe.com
Skills & Requirements
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required; two years of post secondary education is preferred but not required. Requires 2 - 5 years of experience with the knowledge and understanding of iron ductile pipe making processes such as casting, melting or annealing. Must possess the ability to direct and plan the work of hourly employees engaged in the pipe making process.
ManufacturingView all jobs at US Pipe