Primary function as part of a maintenance team:
- Receives instructions or participates in team decisions regarding scheduled and emergency repairs, installation and inspection tasks.
- Inspects plant equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc. and repairs such defects.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles, adjusts and lubricates all plant mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks to maximize effectiveness of plant equipment.
- Perform precision maintenance duties.
- Fabricate and weld for projects, routine maintenance jobs, emergency jobs, etc.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, etc.
- Makes and seals various types of joints such as expansion, flange, nipple, coupling, union, lead wiped, soldered, flared, caulked, banded, and welded. Installs gaskets, packing, and tests joints for leaks or tightness.
- Tests, inspects, dismantles, repairs, replaces or installs any type of high or low-pressure piping, tubing, fittings, fixtures and parts for the installation, maintenance and repair of pipelines for air, water, steam, oils, gases, acid, and caustics.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, install, etc. hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Utilize a CMMS to obtain work orders, document information, close work orders, etc.
- Keeps work area in a neat and orderly condition and performs all work in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Cleans all work areas
High School diploma or G.E.D. and minimum of 3 years of experience as an industrial millwright or maintenance technician and/or successful completion of an apprenticeship program or a vocational course of study related to industrial maintenance at a recognized vocational institution. Ability to work effectively as part of a maintenance team.Qualifications