US Pipe Lynchburg, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for assuring that plant machinery and equipment are in proper, safe and reliable operating condition. Key measurements are cost/ton, safety, reliability and morale. As for all employee, this individual is expected to demonstrate our core values: customer commitment, high-performance culture, fleet of foot, innovation, accountability, integrity, respect for others and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs the work of maintenance employees in the safe repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment. Identifies equipment changes needed to improve performance and reliability.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency of working procedures, manpower utilization and cost control measures and makes recommendations to achieve objectives. Reviews daily monthly maintenance costs and implements cost controls to assure that budgets are met.
- Immediately advises Manager of significant maintenance problems causing or having the potential to cause delays or shutdowns of operations and works expediently toward a resolution of the issues.
- Partners with production staff to eliminate the causes of production delays resulting from equipment failures. Monitors delay records and assist in the root cause identification of mechanical and electrical delays.
- Insures that Maintenance personnel are qualified and properly trained and works with HRManager to develop and/or find and implement appropriate training programs.
- Assists Mgr. with the planning of construction and repair work performed during the annual vacation shutdown.
- Recommends materials and equipment required for maintenance and repair jobs; requisitions stock material and equipment necessary for mechanical and electrical maintenance operations. Oversees contract labor required on maintenance, repair, and construction jobs.
- Insures that all work performed by maintenance employees is performed in a safe and efficient manner and work site is kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reviews and approves job bids, contract labor and the purchase of material and equipment that are not standard store items. Initiates CARs for maintenance projects.
- Insures that Company plant and safety rules and procedures are enforced in the Maintenance Departments and that violators are disciplined in a fair and consistent manner.
- Serves as a Company representative in grievance proceedings with craft unions and receives, evaluates and responds to second step grievances, consulting with H.R.Manager as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to plan and direct the work of a large workforce engaged in the repair, modification and construction of machinery and equipment.
- Must have good written/verbal communication skills.
- Must have good people management skills and the ability to deliver employee training.
- Must have good enough computer skills to do moderately complex record-keeping and administrative tasks and to use SAP or other manufacturing programs.
- Must have knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Requires a HS Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- The employee will be out in the Plant approximately 50% of the time exposing the employee to foundry operations. Will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, Metallic Particles, and molten metal. Approximately 40% of the time will be spent in an office setting.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, Walking, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing and Sitting. The majority of the actions will be standing.
- This position will be on 3rd Shift.
Real EstateView all jobs at US Pipe