Maintenance Mechanic âAâ 2nd shift
1. Directs and performs complex mechanical repair work and is responsible for the more intricate repair assignments, including hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
2. Directs and performs inspection and the more complicated preventive maintenance work.
3. Works and directs assigned men in the major overhaul of equipment.
4. Responsible for checking equipment after repairs for correct adjustments.
5. Directs the installation of equipment, etc. in the plant.
6. Directs the use of and uses oxy-acetylene and welding equipment necessary to perform welding or cutting to address normal maintenance repairs.
7. Directs and performs lubrication work.
8. Responsible for good housekeeping in work throughout work area and within Department.
9. Does other work as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must be able to read, write legibly, and speak the English language.
2. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
3. Must be able to climb steps and ladders.
4. Must be able to bend and stoop repeatedly.
5. Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects and materials weighing 50 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull objects and materials weighing more than 50 pounds.
6. Must be able to manually roll pipe on rails.
7. Responsible for completing clean-up tasks involving picking up, sweeping, and shoveling.
8. Must be able to help remove cement, sand, paint, ink and all other debris in area.
9. Responsible for positioning equipment back in proper place after clean-up.
10. Must be able to recognize defective equipment and appropriately report defects to Supervision.
11. Must be able to work in both hot and cold environments.
Must be able to practice safe work procedures and comply with applicable safety rules and regulations in a heavy industrial environment.Skills & Requirements
- Must have initiative to proceed on own with minimum of supervision. Must be completely versed in blueprint readings and be able to interpret and work from service manuals. Must be developing mechanical knowledge to keep abreast of the latest maintenance techniques. Must be safety conscious at all times. Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an industrial mechanic. Must be able to work at heights.
US PipeLynchburg, VA
AutomotiveView All US Pipe Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.