US Monitoring Inc. (USMON) Medical Data Portal - Saint Paul, MN, USA
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, Paid Vacation
Why Work Here?
We are a rapidly growing company in the healthcare sector that offers great opportunities for advancement, great benefits, and the ability to work from home.
Medical Data Technical Support Person
Are you a technically minded computer user with experience as a Medical Billing Specialist? A huge plus would be if you have worked for any other Medical Billing Software company like Epic, NuewMD, Kareo, AdvancedMD, etc. where you understand the development process of such software.
Do you have the patience and experience to work/train our users on our software and work with our software developers to help direct the development of other EHR new features as well?
Are you discipline and independent enough to be able to work full-time from your home environment without distractions while taking calls and/or to be online chats with our users Monday through Friday during our workday? Then you might be the candidate that USMON is looking for.
USMON (US Monitoring, Inc.) started in 2007 as a niche medical data portal business for mobile medical companies. Our medical data portal is a complete workflow tool for our clients to be able to schedule cases, assign technicians and physicians, generate their charting, invoice their hospitals/clinics, submit and track all insurance claims as well as invoice their patient’s for outstanding balances. Basically, USMON is a complete data management tool and operational workflow tool for our clients. USMON has about 70% of the IntraOperative Monitoring companies in the United States using our software and we are looking to expand into other new markets and continue our insurance module development.
This position will be part of our USMON Support team which is responsible for providing daily online-technical support to our clients and to their users. The Support team also assists in the further development of our software and our insurance billing module working directly with our programming team. USMON does NOT provide any direct insurance billing for our clients however most of our clients use our insurance billing module to send their insurance claims for payment which is why it is critical to have strong medical billing experience.
Part of this job will be to work with our client’s insurance billers to assist them in using our insurance module. Another part of this job will be to work with the IntraOperative Technicians and Physicians (our users) when they need help using our software. In addition, when trained you will be performing online technical training of USMON using video conferencing software. You MUST be comfortable and enthusiastic about talking to our clients on chat support, on the phone and/or on video conferencing. Lastly, you will be part of the software documentation team, assisting our ever-growing need for updated documentation.
• Prior experience working with an Insurance Medical Billing software or EHR developer is a huge plus
• Medical Billing & Coding Certificate is a plus
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
• Working knowledge of electronic clearinghouses, electronic insurance billing, EOB, refiling, all things with working an insurance claim to its close
• A college degree is preferred with an understanding of accounting basics.
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in a medical insurance billing software industry or using insurance billing software
• Must have strong computer software experience – software training experience is a plus
• Must be technologically savvy enough to be able to quickly learn new software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
• Excellent organizational skills a must
• Must be able to type 50 wpm
• Must be able to use chat software, screensharing software and video conferencing software at a moment’s notice during the workday
• Must be willing to learn new software and processes quickly.
• Must be extremely self-motivated, self-directed and a team player
• Must have proven and excellent customer satisfaction skills
• Must be able to work from home in an uninterrupted environment
• Must be able work on software documentation using Snagit or other such software
• Must be able to create training documentation/material
• HIPAA/Compliance – must complete annual HIPAA training/retraining
US Monitoring, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
NOTE: US Monitoring will utilize pre-screening background checks of any candidate who makes the cut prior to any offer for employment is made.