- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to provide essential support and administrative services to the office, the doctors, and the patients in a fast-paced doctor’s office. This person will be involved in a wide spectrum of tasks focused around assisting the Physician in all minor in-office procedures.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, other employees, and the public
· 2 + years’ Medical Assistant experience
· Knowledgeable about medical terminology
· Able to work in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
· Must have excellent customer service skills
· Must have a team mentality, flexibility and willingness to learn
· The ability to communicate effectively, multi-task and work under pressure is the key to success in this position, which also requires attention to detail and a commitment to achieving consistent customer satisfaction.
· The ability to uphold HIPAA compliance is mandatory.
· Must exercise good judgment and discretion
· Technologically savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office products including:
- Google Documents
Essential Functions/Responsibilities of a Medical Assistant (other duties may be assigned):
· Greet patients and escort them to the treatment room, making sure patients are comfortable and prepare the feet for an exam by physician.
· Open and prep exam rooms each morning/ Close and clean exam rooms at end of day
· Flexibility to work with multiple doctors and their varying practice styles
· Flexibility to travel to other FASMA locations as needed
· Dispense all DME
· Perform digital radiography
· Complete pre-authorizations
· Complete the rapid health indicator
· Obtain or review a patient's medical history, current medications and allergies. Record any changes in their medical condition. For follow-up patients, record comments made re: their current status and outcome of previous treatment. Enter this information into EMR.
· Set-up for injections, P&A procedures, wart procedures, in-office surgical procedures, etc.
· Prep nail care patients, smooth/debride nails and/or calluses with electric grinder. Vacuum all clippings from the floor.
· Fit and dispense walking and night splints.
· Apply pads and/or adhesive strappings as needed.
· Measure and fit patients for Diabetic shoes, heat mold inserts.
· Take and develop X-rays
· Prepare lab specimens (including paperwork) and call the appropriate lab for pick up.
· Clean, wrap and autoclave instruments and packs as needed, change cold sterile solutions monthly.
· Count instruments in treatment rooms at the end of each session (AM & PM).
· Replenish used supplies in drawers as needed. Restock rooms at the end of day.
· Keep inventory of back-office supplies and DME items, reorder as needed or notify the supervisor when low.
· Assist in surgeries and minor procedures.
· Clean-up after surgery – dirty drapes, wrappings, dispose of sharp, red bag items, wipe down counters, mop floor – scrub, clean, autoclave instruments.
· Change post-op dressings, remove sutures.
· Call post-op patients the day following surgery, complete Follow-up sheet.
· Review information sheets with patients as needed.
· Travel to other offices as needed/requested.
· Writes and faxes prescriptions.
· Assist front desk as needed
· Assists in exam room with doctors.
- Starting hourly rate is $15 to $18. Pay rate will be determined based on experience and is negotiable for extensive experience!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- And, more!
US Foot and Ankle Specialists-Why Work Here?
US Foot and Ankle Specialists is a growing company that offers competitive pay, full benefits, and a family-friendly work schedule.
US Foot and Ankle Specialists is one of the largest podiatry networks in the nation, and we are committed to excellence in every dimension of the services we provide. Our team is growing at an exponential rate and we are looking for talented employees that share our ambition, dedication, and vision to provide the best foot and ankle care anywhere.
1465 Johnston Willis DriveRichmond, VA