Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer and manually unload, using a hand truck or two-wheeler on metal truck ramps, various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies) to customer drop-off sites while providing excellent customer service. Return the empty trailer to the distribution center. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
May also be called upon to do duties of Backhaul or Shuttle Driver.
CDL A Delivery Driver
At US Foods we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a CDL A Delivery Driver, you will have an impact on our customers by delivering our meats, produce, frozen goods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies to their drop-off sites.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
Main Ingredients of the Job
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules.
- Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage area.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Heavy customer service- customer interaction.
- Willing and able to:
- Perform repeated, manual heavy lifting of items up to 80 pounds or more.
- Make frequent stops during the course of a work shift.
- Drive and work in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid CDL A issued by the state of legal residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualified.
- Minimum six months commercial driving experience or three months of foodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required.
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
*****EOE** **Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual** **Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*****
US Foods is one of America's great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .