Join Our Community of Food People!
Manage the replenishment for specified product categories to ensure adequate supply on hand while meeting or exceeding inventory goals. Manage the product forecast and seasonality for assigned vendors. Maintain timely and accurate PO costing and follow up on vendor PO confirmations. Expedite deliveries and product fill-in orders based on unanticipated customer demand. Manage excess, slow and dead inventory by executing inventory management process and procedures. Support category management by executing the stocking of sales growth initiative products and items for sales opportunities. Support sales growth by following up on sales questions and requests.
Place Purchase Orders for assigned vendors based on weekly product forecasts and seasonality, while maintaining targeted service levels and inventory goals.
2. Review daily inventory and costing reports and react proactively to solve potential issues.
3. Expedite delivery of purchase orders based on unanticipated customer demand by working with vendors and logistics partners.
4. Maintain system product forecasting, vendor costing and complete purchase order costing confirmations within weekly and monthly guidelines.
5. Perform weekly inventory management activities to identify and manage excessive and obsolete inventory, taking required steps to obtain vendor return authorization or product disposition.
6. Working through the Product Sales Support Associate (PSSA) follow up on sales inquiries and requests.
7. Make recommendations to Area Category Operations Managers on discontinuation of slow-moving and duplicate inventory items.
8. Work with Area Replenishment Lead, Area VP of Merchandising and Marketing, local, region and corporate Category Managers to execute the stocking of products for sales growth initiatives and new sales opportunities.
9. Ensure quality of product from vendors meets US Foods' quality standards, including inspecting incoming loads and approving/denying loads of product and monitoring product for deterioration and expiration limits.
10. Manage inventory of assigned vendors to ensure adequate supply while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators as follows:
Inventory Loss Minimization
Days Inventory on Hand (DIOH)
Customer Order Fill Rates
Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reserve
Managed Cases/Freight Income
Slow and Dead Inventory
Special Order Response Time
11. Attend weekly and monthly department meetings as required.
12. Become a subject matter expert on the US Foods purchasing system and replenishment processes
Education/Training: Four-year college degree in business, operations, or supply chain management, or equivalent food service industry work experience required.
Related Experience: Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience required; food service purchasing experience highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to effectively exercise independent judgment and decision making in executing replenishment and inventory management activities; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess strong organizational skills. Must have good interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence. Must possess superior analytical skills and communication skills, and the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious fashion. Ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Must have experience using purchasing forecasting systems.
*****EOE** **Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual** **Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*****
US Foods is one of America's great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .