Managing Director of Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability. This position also supports membership growth, awareness, education, and engagement.
Under direction of the Chief Marketing and Content Officer, this full-time position includes, but is not limited to:
- Overseeing all communication and social media efforts on behalf of the USEF including corporate internal, external and crisis communications, national and international sport coverage, membership development and DEI communication program efforts
- Coordinating communication efforts across public relations, all digital/social media channels, and key communication and content platforms such as press releases, Equestrian Weekly, USEF website and events
- Developing and supervising communication strategies and executions for department/company initiatives such as Safe Sport, rule changes, marketing campaigns, member benefits, membership renewal/promotions, and sport coverage
- Working closely with the Chief Marketing and Content Officer, this position integrates efforts with the Marketing and Events Team, Sponsorship, and the Digital and Media Broadcast team leaders
- Overseeing the staffing and outside agency assignments including schedule, budget, production, and contracts
- Working directly with the Chief Marketing and Content Officer and the Executive Team, as well as the Sport Department leadership group
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the key communications sub-teams, while serving as key executive and strategic point of contact
- Managing analytics and dashboards to improve department reporting and recommends data driven suggestions
- Assisting in managing projects that cross over to other departments, including but not limited to website UI improvement, technology development projects, future app development, etc
- Providing complete reporting analysis of coverage including membership, press and social media
- Providing leadership and oversight into the coordination of Communications schedule, budget, content production and agency/independent contractor agreements
- Working directly with Chief Marketing and Content Officer to manage digital trends, forecast growth and maximize the value and contributions of the Communications Team.
- Identifying and creating new concepts to engage members and the media contributing to major US Equestrian cross-department initiatives such as the World Equestrian Games, Olympics, World Cup Finals, and National Championships
- During special events, assisting in writing scripts, managing logistics, gathering media assets, and organizing details
- Working to improve department efficiencies through technology and streamline processes
- Leading marketing components of website and IT improvement including improved UI, future app development, creating dynamic content, etc
- Working with senior leadership on strategic company initiatives such as Safe Sport, Member Benefit Promotion, etc
- Working closely with other Marketing staff in communications, merchandise, sales, and social media to expand the brand presence
- Helping grow the membership/contact database through communications, social media initiatives, online and printed materials, marketing projects and promotions
- Providing creative ways to engage current and prospective members of the organization
- Frequent travel (including weekends) is likely
- Exceptional member service is provided, and member relationships are enhanced.
- Communication with members and staff is effective and professional.
- Relationships with Directors and other staff are productive and promote a positive team environment.
- Assistance is provided to other department members when needed.
- Frequent work outside of office hours
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional written communication and copywriting skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports and make recommendations based on data
- Strong understanding of surveying, statistics, and research methodologies
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS. Intermediate preferred
- Experience with using Google Analytics
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in digital communications
- Ability to execute multiple campaigns across mediums simultaneously
- Ability to be creative and innovative in promoting the organization, sport, and brand
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Strong project management skills and people management skills
- Experience in competently managing staff members, conducting performance evaluations and handling workplace conflict in coordination with supervisor and Human Resources staff
- Strong desire to learn, advance skills, improve performance, and exceed expectations
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- College preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience working in a similar role in communications, publishing, news media, or similar field
- A minimum of two years managing other staff members
- Experience in online marketing, preferably with a focus in email marketing
- Equine experience and familiarity with various breeds/disciplines is preferred
- Frequent travel
- Extended hours of availability, including evenings and weekends.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
US Equestrian is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
US Equestrian Fed
Get fresh Compensation Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.