This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
This position provides direct assistance to the Senior Staff Veterinarian Equine Health and Biosecurity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with isolation site visit plan reviews and reports
- Assist with equine health and biosecurity data review and analysis
- Assist with development of equine health and biosecurity materials and presentations.
- Assist with the implementation of microchip identification requirements
- Maintains records as assigned.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
- Maintains a system for recording expenses.
- Exceptional member service is provided, and member relationships are enhanced.
- Communication with members and staff is effective and professional.
- Relationships with Directors and other staff are productive and promote a positive team environment.
- Assistance is provided to other department members when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Two years clerical or customer service experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
US Equestrian is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups
US Equestrian FedLexington, KY
Get fresh Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.