- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $32 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Address: 409 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA 19335
A fast-paced family-owned transportation company is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic who will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of a variety of well-maintained company-owned vehicles.
Eligible employees can elect to participate in an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holiday/Personal Time-Off
- Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Benefits
- Tool Allowance
- Boot Allowance
- Includes Uniforms
- Perform daily PM on the company fleet to assure proper vehicle performance.
- Perform system inspections, diagnosis & repairs on engines, transmission, air, and hydraulic systems, tires, drive-train, steering, and suspension, electrical and A/C.
- Obtain daily DVIRs from drivers and complete repairs as indicated on the report.
- Accurately document all repairs and maintenance on repair orders.
- Examine, repair, or replace vehicle lights as needed.
- Perform brake jobs.
- Assist higher-level techs on standard technical and diagnostic repairs.
- Keep the Service Center area and its equipment neat and clean to maintain a safe working environment and meet standard operating procedure expectations.
- Must have one (1) year of a technical school specializing in mechanical and engine repair.
- Must be able to diagnose engine and mechanical problems rapidly and accurately.
- Must take initiative, be highly reliable, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Diesel Mechanics Requirements:
- Two to five years of practical experience with diesel trucks
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Technical/Vocational or specialized training is preferred but not required
- Good analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Regular attendance and self-discipline are essential requirements of the job
- A typical week of 50 hours with Overtime after 40 hours
- Pennsylvania State Inspection License Class 8 (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- CDL Class B (Preferred)
- TWIC (Preferred)
- On location.
- On the road.
Typical start time:
- 7:00 AM.
Typical end time:
- 6:00 PM.
- Heavy equipment.
- Heavy trucks.
- Vac Trucks.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working.
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Monday to Friday (weekends may vary).
US Environmental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
US EnvironmentalWhy Work Here?
Fast paced transportation company, room for growth, great team.
US Environmental is an integrated Industrial Energy Services company providing turnkey client based solutions for the energy, petroleum, natural gas, petro-chemical, power, chemical, manufacturing and engineering sectors.As a leading provider of energy, industrial field services, environmental, transportation and disposal, US Environmental provides turnkey client based solutions. Our broad range of Energy Services include gas field, oil field, refineries, storage and distribution and power. With a wide range of Industrial Field Services including high pressure blasting, chemical cleaning, Hydro Jetting/line cleaning and inspection,tank cleaning, on-site dewatering, Hydro Excavation (soft dig), turnaround services, exchanger cleaning and liquid and dry vacuuming. Providing hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal, treatment and processing, waste recycling and beneficial re-use, chemical lab packing and a full range of transportation services.
409 Boot RoadWilmington, DE