US Engineering League Upland, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
The robotics teacher works with students in a classroom setting, providing instruction and hands-on experiences with robots. Duties of a robotics teacher include:
- Planning and teaching robotics lessons and labs
- Grading students and communicating with parents about their progress
- Facilitating student learning and overseeing hands-on learning
- Monitoring student progress through formal and informal assessments
- Working with the CEO directly to express needs and class improvements
- Preparing students for World Robot Olympiad and US Engineering League SumoBots
- Managing classroom behavior by enforcing rules and implementing safety procedures
The Candidate must be:
- 18 years or older
- Actively pursuing or posses a Bachelors degree in computer science or robotics
- Passionate about robotics
- have a strong understanding of how they work and how to program, troubleshoot, and maintain them
- Be familiar with the LEGO EV3 Robotic System
- Be willing to learn the USEL SumoBot system
- Have prior experience either competing in robotics, mentoring teams, or teaching robotics
- Knowledge of coding from basic concepts to advanced algorithms
- Flexibility. All students learn differently, and a good robotics teacher will make sure to provide a variety of lessons for different learning styles.
- Organization. Teaching requires a long list of administrative tasks, along with lesson planning and instruction time. A robotics teacher needs to be organized for optimal effectiveness.
- Patience. Not every student will be a natural at robotics. Patience with students who learn differently or more slowly is essential for ensuring that all students succeed.
- Energy. A robotics teacher should have an abundance of energy to meet the demands of the job, including administrative tasks, making robotics fun and interesting to students, and staying on top of changes in the industry.
- Positive. A positive attitude in the classroom helps to create a safe and respectful learning environment for optimal student learning.
- Competitive. The ideal candidate will want to pursue championships for the organization.
- Proficiency in Python a plus!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Employees are required to wear mask at all times indoors. Student may or may not be wearing mask during classes.
- Do you have experience with LEGO EV3 robots?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
US Engineering LeagueWhy Work Here?
Train students to compete in National and international robotics competitions. Room for growth, innovation, and, international travel.
USEL Robotics aims to offer an engaging and educational experience in the world of robotics. USEL Robotic clubs will provide the knowledge and real world robotic experience to prepare and inspire our children to learn STEM based skills.
814 Alpine StreetUpland, CA