US Ecology Williston, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You manage your time wisely and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You are a decision maker who likes to be challenged, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite. You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team, and advance within a growing company.
The Facility Technician handles waste activities including the sampling, analysis processing, documentation and disposition which are received at or shipped from the facility.
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect to:
- Assist supervisors in coordinating the activities of operations personnel.
- Direct off-loading operations for receipt of materials into the facility's storage and waste processing systems.
- Makes decisions consistent with waste profile data and facility operating permits.
- Performs inspections on containers and collection areas, and ensures all is in compliance, labeled and sealed properly.
- Cleans tanks and equipment with pressure washer.
- Prepares waste for shipment.
- Uses light equipment - such as forklift, pallet-jack, lift gate, and drum dollies - to load, unload and move recycling and waste.
- Maintains facility retainers and drum storage.
- Performs general housekeeping of storage facility and drum storage.
- Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties may not be specifically listed in this description, but which are within the general nature typically associated with the employee's level of work.
What you need to apply
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE)
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.
For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at US Ecology