DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MANAGER
- $112,015 Yearly
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Wing Chief Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Manager. Performs as principal advocate and senior Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) advisor to the Wing Commander (WG/CC) and other senior leadership.Qualifications: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, IAW OPM Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions for GS-0301.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which includes mastery of the principles and concepts of the field of culture, climate, and D&I. Employee provides Wing leadership with authoritative guidance, advice and assistance on complex, controversial and technical matters. Duties require the ability to conduct research studies on broad Wing level diversity issues; develop report findings that could add significantly to the AF Diversity and Inclusion management knowledge.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge and understanding of cultural and social issues and the impact on the workforce and to provide technical expert Diversity and Inclusion advice to higher level management within the Wing and Tenant Organizations.
2. Knowledge of talent management, leading edge D&I programs, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge in strategic planning, change management and implementation processes and ability to plan, organize, direct, and adjust strategies/functions to meet program requirements/objectives within available resources.
4. Skilled in fostering collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization and clearly communicate complex material both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to develop, organize, manage and/or conduct complex and ambiguous research studies, present findings, options, and recommendations to the executive level and to develop and/or implement related programs, education and training plans, and curriculum.
6. Ability to develop a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for assessing and improving programs and pm; and to synthesize information that may be of an ambiguous and/or complex nature while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to lead, mentor, motivate, and recognize a diverse staff of appointed representatives to working groups and councils.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Education: This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
US Department of the Air ForceAndrews Air Force Base Census Designated Place, MD
Get fresh DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MANAGER jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.