Senior Vice President, Strategic Insights
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of the Strategic Insights (SI) team is a key member of the senior management team that reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The SVP of SI is an experienced and innovative leader who directs and manages USDEC's strategic intelligence and research efforts.
Perform all job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the USDEC Way:
- Works as a team member, recognizing that USDEC wins and loses together.
- Respects and values colleagues. This includes considering roles, responsibilities, work styles, perspectives, and experience.
- Trusts others as professionals working towards the same objectives & goals.
- Communicates respectfully, inclusively, clearly, and in a timely manner.
- Acknowledges, celebrates, and rewards good work and contributions.
- Supports and creates opportunities for individual learning, growth, and mentorship
- Fosters an environment of trust where people can share new ideas, innovates, takes risks, and learns from failure
- Creates a safe environment that will empower the voicing of concerns and viewpoints
- Coach, support and develop team of research and insights experts
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership Team to deliver on USDECs mandate and mission
- Partner with colleagues at sister organizations to develop cross-enterprise export strategies and initiatives, create efficiencies and deliver robust international market intelligence to all stakeholders
- Provide research support and strategic guidance to internal teams and organization members
- Participate in industry initiatives and events as a representative of USDECs insights and intelligence function
- Provide strategic intelligence and perspective to COO
- Serve on appropriate Committees and organizational teams
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree required. MBA or masters degree highly preferred.
- At least 15 years total experience
- Experience with new product development
- Experience shaping an organizations overall business strategy.
- Experience in management consulting, market research, staff development, and budget management
- Export and/or global experience
- CPG brand management experience is a plus
- Strategic Planning for a top-tier ad agency is a plus
- Experience in trade associations, and/or agriculture is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic, big-picture, and forward thinker
- Management of direct reports and cross-functional teams
- Executive office thought partnership
- Deep understanding of market research approaches, methodologies, and platforms
- Skilled in management consulting approaches and models
- Ability to work across geographies and cultures
- Team player
- Knowledge of the dairy industry is a plus
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our current business needs. Thank you.
U.S. Dairy Export Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Competitive medical, dental, and life insurance benefits as well as ample paid time away (vacation, personal, sick, and company holidays). Generous 401(k), and collaborative culture.
US Dairy Export Council
BusinessView all jobs at US Dairy Export Council