The Shipping Technician is vital to the efficiency of product workflow. Shipping Technicians are responsible for toggling between multiple intertwined shipping programs, retrieving products based on order specifications, packing products according to standards, labeling packages without error, and shipping US Compounding products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure customer satisfaction by correctly retrieving, packing and labeling customer orders
- Track packages as requested
- Ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to all safety, cleaning, and standard operating procedures
- Accurately and efficiently work with multiple intertwined shipping programs to ensure the order is correct and complete throughout the process from order receipt to order shipment.
- Proficiently communicate with the proper departments in order to ensure order correctness and customer satisfaction
- Proficient at making decisions concerning packaging of all different types and sizes of orders to make sure the order is delivered intact, while considering the cost of packaging materials
- Perform all job duties in a manner that reflects maintaining product integrity and quality.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Receive and ship packages with knowledge of how to handle these different types of packages.
- Some package delivery responsibilities may be involved.
Based on the essential duties listed above, this position is considered safety-sensitive and therefore all work must be performed in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions within this environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with team members.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Strong mathematics and computer skills including but not limited to the knowledge of MS-Office products.
- Sound interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess exemplary time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, making educated decisions based on previous examples, with regular oversight and open to seeking guidance when necessary.
- Ability to influence and negotiate resolutions and outcomes.
- Ability to multi-task projects while still completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct accurate data entry.
- Ability to identify process improvement.
- Strong ability to conduct root-cause analysis and make changes based on these outcomes.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to the entirety of the shift.
- Ability to bend, climb stools and ladders, and lift packages weighing up to 50lbs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an Arkansas pharmacy technician license.
- Must have a good driving record
Must be able to remain in a vertical or upright position for long periods of time.
Must be able to walk about the work area to provide quality oversight for compounding processes.
Must be able to move up to 50 pounds of equipment and product from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position to position.
Must be able to use upper extremities to press or exert force to move supplies and/or equipment.
Must be able to move up to 50 pounds of product and equipment from one area to another.
Must be able to bend legs at the knee and come to a rest on knee(s) to position self to work in spaces close to the floor.
Must be able to extend hand(s) and arm(s) to gather items and supplies as needed.
Must be able to perceive attributes of test equipment and lab samples to determine size, temperature, and texture by touching and handling the equipment.
Must be able to accurately label and prepare batch records to complete work activities.
Must have visual acuity to inspect production activities.
Must be able to communicate verbally with internal team members to exchange information, respond to questions, and provide feedback.
Must be able to receive information through oral communication to obtain information and assist in problem-solving.
Work is performed in an indoor environment, but exposure to fluctuations in temperature may be required. The employee may face exposure to various pharmaceutical products, which may include hazardous products. Standard operating procedures (SOPs) must be followed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DISCLOSURE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an "at-will" basis and may be terminated at any time. Consistent with all federal and state disability laws, US Compounding will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause a direct threat to this individual or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or cause undue hardship to the organization.
US Compounding provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants. It is the policy of US Compounding not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. US Compounding will continue to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination in all employment practices.