Director of IT
VP of Technology
Those who join U.S. Business Holdings feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their technical and professional skills supporting a leading franchise organization.
This position will work with the VP of Technology to leverage people, processes, and technologies to deliver high value, best in class data security for all affiliate brands, such as, AlphaGraphics and PostNet. The Director of IT will work with the VP of Technology to ensure the stable operation of company computer systems, services, and software. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing of systems.
Duties and responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Director of IT are as follows:
- Help to manage day-to-day IT operations including infrastructure, systems, change requests, franchisee requests, etc.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure being accountable for project results
- Work with Project Manager and stakeholders to complete project definition, scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Work with project management on project schedule, tasks, milestones.
- Coordinate third-party and off-shore development resources to ensure project delivery.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor
- Ensure all project documents are completed and archived following project completion
- Manage 3rd party technology solutions, partners, vendors, and related teams to support development and enhancements of those systems
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Provide support to business analysis efforts on projects and initiatives.
- Help manage configuration, documentation, testing, modification, and support of all IT systems
- Working with the VP, track and report on the Information Technology department’s key performance indicators and trends
- Act as an escalation point for staff-related concerns or performance issues
- Ensure that project and departmental-related budgets are adhered to in an effort to meet or exceed Company’s financial targets.
- Ensure that service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels and coordinate escalation of issues as required.
- Participate in risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Work with leadership and users to promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and testing Company disaster recovery efforts.
- Operate under an agile and innovative framework, leveraging best practices/standards like COBIT and PMBOK to be responsive to business needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or related field
- 8+ Years of Experience in technology management and/or project management/business analysis
- Strong Data Analysis understanding
- Ability to work with data and create processes and data structures to facilitate production of reports and BI analysis
- Good Knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Exceptional project management skills; able to work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining high-quality results; deadline- and detail-oriented
- Strong knowledge/experience of web-platforms including Drupal and ability to code on these platforms.
- Good to excellent knowledge/experience with other current and/or popular technologies.
- Advanced Excel skills required. Must have strong analytical capabilities to be able to utilize data to inform strategic decisions.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to understand the current market, where it is going, and how to differentiate
- Strong business acumen to effectively commercialize new product/service
- Effective collaborator to positively manage and influence internal/external stakeholders and build productive relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter that gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and proactively solves problems
- Able to travel
USBH works in an open space environment and encourages professional conduct amongst staff members. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job will not have direct reports.
Powered by JazzHR
US Business Holdings, Inc.