ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Professional customer service focused, administrative support.
- Ensures hospital healthcare team is communicated with including monthly schedules; team assignments; maintains updated team photo posters.
- Reconciles previous day encounters with hospital census within charge capture software.
- Assists with various billing issues to include but, not limited to: assign missing bills to appropriate providers, follow up on missing bills, correct bills sent by coders and inform coder of correction.
- Performs monthly audit of reconciled bills and other quality and compliance audits as directed.
- Assists with onboarding new employees; arranging provider candidate interview itineraries; access to USACS
- Point of contact for hospital medical staff office and hospital administration.
- Provide on-site coordination and facilitation for credentialing and privileging of new providers needed
- Provides/obtains rounding lists for providers, communicates with healthcare team.
- Ensures transition of care communication with patient’s PCP and office staff. Send admit and DC fax forms; ensure DC summary delivery and maintains discharge log spread sheet.
- Composes, prepares, maintains, and distributes email documents, spreadsheets, databases, graphs, presentations, reports, and other department documents with an emphasis on accuracy. May involve gathering pertinent data from a wide variety of sources.
- Performs various administrative functions including, but not limited to, answering and redirecting phone calls, typing, copying, filing, faxing, opening and sending mail, scanning documents, responding to emails and voicemails, preparing itineraries, placing outbound phone calls, and arranging conference calls.
- Creates and maintains department manuals, records, and electronic and hard copy files. May include patient data as needed.
- Supports the patient experience by sending thank you notes and sympathy cards as directed.
- Arranges and tracks director’s schedule/agenda. Includes the use of electronic calendar software.
- Assists with meeting planning, preparation and scheduling. May work with outside vendors.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Order office supplies through on-line system. This includes general supplies, toner cartridges, and various other items according to site budget guidelines.
- Performs and assists with other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and ability to produce extremely accurate work.
- Ability to communicate with employees, physicians, management and external business contacts in a courteous and professional manner. Must have knowledge and proper usage of correct English and grammar.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to process assigned duties in an efficient amount of time and in an organized manner.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment, to coordinate and prioritize various tasks simultaneously and to identify, research and resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Ability to work overtime and put forth extra effort when needed. Position requires flexibility such as coming in early, staying late, or postponing lunch to accommodate department needs.
- Ability to identify emerging issues and communicate them to management.
- Ability to exhibit leadership by demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, supporting alignment with company and department goals and objectives, assisting others to develop their knowledge of the company and department, adapting to change in a positive manner that exemplifies commitment, and working proactively with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree with two years’ administrative experience or high school diploma or equivalent with five years’ administrative experience.
- Prior hospitalist experience and knowledge of Ingenious Med software desired.
- Must have thorough knowledge of and skill in using personal computer in a Windows environment with strong emphasis on processing electronic documents/attachments with Adobe, Excel Intermediate to Advanced Level, presentation, database applications and Internet usage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods and occasionally walk, stand, bend, stoop, and lift up to 15 pounds.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform job.