Where do you belong?
Your career is more than just a job, it's part of your life. Whether you prefer hospital medicine, emergency medicine, or non-clinical support positions, at USACS you'll feel a sense of connection, working with clinicians and office staff who share your interests and values. We want you to love coming to work each day because you believe in what you do and the people with whom you work. We care about your success.
USACS also understands that location is important. We offer job opportunities for Hospital Medicine Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers from New York to Hawaii and points in between. Our supportive culture and outstanding benefits and competitive compensation package is best in class.
Job DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for accurately performing a wide variety of administrative support duties for the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Composes, prepares, maintains, and distributes word processing documents, spreadsheets, databases, graphs, presentations, reports, direct mail marketing pieces, promotional items, and other department documents with an emphasis on accuracy. May involve gathering pertinent data from a wide variety of sources.
- Performs various administrative functions including, but not limited to, answering and redirecting phone calls, typing, copying, filing, faxing, opening and sending mail, scanning documents, responding to emails and voicemails, making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, placing outbound phone calls, and arranging conference calls.
- Creates and maintains department manuals, books, records, and electronic and hard copy files.
- Arranges and tracks managers schedule/agenda and notifies officer of upcoming appointments and meetings.
- Assists with the preparation and scheduling of conferences and other meetings as well as coordinates interviews. May work with outside vendors to prepare for meetings and events.
- Tracks and verifies pertinent invoices for budgetary purposes.
- Performs and assists with other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of and skill in using personal computer in a Windows environment with an emphasis on word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications and Internet usage.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, including but not limited to, facsimile, copier, adding machine, calculator, and document shredder and scanner.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce extremely accurate work required.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-task environment and to coordinate and prioritize various activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with employees, physicians, management, and external business contacts and vendors in a courteous and professional manner. Must have knowledge of correct English and grammar usage.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work overtime and put forth extra effort when needed. Position requires flexibility such as coming in early, staying late, or postponing lunch to accommodate department needs.
- Ability to process assigned duties in an efficient and organized manner.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Ability to maintain patience and composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to identify emerging issues and to communicate them to management.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculation such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of one year secretarial or administrative assistant experience. Associate Degree in Administrative Assisting or Secretarial Science is useful but not required.