Software Project Lead Engineer with CCDC GVSC Software Engineering Center, Department of Army, Warren, Michigan
About the Position:
The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities and Development Command (CCDC) Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC) is fully committed to supporting the warfighter. In order to fulfill our mission requirements we need a strong and ready civilian workforce. As a government employer, CCDC Ground Vehicle Systems Center offers an attractive benefit package that includes: flexible work schedule, health and life insurance, retirement plan, accrued paid annual/sick leave, professional development training and educational tuition assistance programs for qualified employees. Applicants must be United States citizens able to successfully complete a full background check.
The mission of CCDC Ground Vehicle Systems Center is to develop, integrate and sustain the right technology solutions for all manned and unmanned Department of Defense (DoD) ground systems and combat support systems to improve Current Force effectiveness and provide superior capabilities for the Future Force.
The CCDC GVSC’s Software Engineering Center provides software engineering and software life cycle management services to ground systems acquisition and technology development programs. We develop, acquire, integrate, assess, test, maintain & support software products.
For more information visit: https://gvsc.army.mil/
Candidate will serve as the Software Project Technical Lead to direct and manage all technical and programmatic aspects of the project throughout the entire software development life-cycle.
Specific duties associated with this position are as follows:
- Lead a team working on a significant software project. Provide both technical and team leadership and mentoring.
- Develop, review and maintain software development plans
- Analyze and understand system requirements.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure requirements are sufficient for development tasks to proceed.
- Responsible for delivering projects on budget, on time, to requirements, and with high quality.
- Identify, analyze and track technical risks within the project scope and develop the necessary mitigation plans.
- Manage scope changes and the assess impact to the overall plan.
- Lead code and design reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years experience in Software Engineering of Embedded systems
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including, but not limited to, agile software development methodology
- Strong technical/software development background.
- SW Project management experience and skills (effort / cost estimation, project planning, tracking and controlling)
- Should have experience working with C, C++
- Knowledge of Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet).
- Knowledge of Linux operating system (e.g. RedHat, RedHawk,..)
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Services (DDS) is desired
- Strong requirements development skills to translate Stakeholder/System needs into software requirements.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and tool (SVN, Bitbucket- Git , JIRA, etc..)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and capable of creating status and tracking reports for management and customers.
- Ability to lead software development team through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Must be a US Citizen
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: Secret clearance is required.
- Please email your resume to: