The Center Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of this retail location.
He or she will open and close the center, manage productivity and ensure the center’s team delivers world-class customer service to all customers, monitor cost control and expenses, and provide weekly and monthly reports to the franchise owner.
The Center Manager is ultimately accountable for profit/loss, continuous improvement, service delivery levels, personnel management, and business development.
The ideal candidate has a post high school education (college coursework or a degree), two years of retail store operations experience, strong supervisory/managerial/leadership skills, excellent computer/internet/software knowledge, the physical ability to perform this job (lifting, bending, etc.), and knows how to “listen and lead.”
He or she must have a dynamic personality and must be able motivate a team to optimize performance.
- Performs personnel management, which includes recruiting, training, scheduling, and coaching associates
- Schedules work assignments and facilitates weekly or monthly staff meetings
- Monitors, evaluates, and maximizes customer service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Develops and implements the store marketing program Manages Center financials and prepares/provides reporting
- Manages inventory
- Reviews daily employee timesheets and submits for payroll processing
- Oversees Center maintenance, including cleanliness, safety, and organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Advanced education degree, coursework, or tech school desired
- Previous store management experience required, including personnel and financial management experience
- P&L experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- Outstanding phone skills
- Bona fide management/leadership skills
- Willing to accept full accountability for Center operations
- Able to cross sell and up sell products and services
- Able to help customers with boxing and packaging their materials
- Able to operate a wide variety of business equipment
- BENEFITS Dental Insurance Medical Insurance Paid Time Off (PTO)
Why Work Here?Chain of "TheUPS" Stores in Southern Mississippi and South Alabama looking to add a dynamic motivator, coach and mentor. In this position you will work directly for the franchise owner and oversee all aspects of day to day operations.
Be your own BOSS. Learn skills to increase your resume and boost your income potential.