Career and Technical Education Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men is currently seeking candidates for a CTE Administrative Assistant position for the 2022-2023 school year.
The mission of the University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men is to establish a culture that celebrates diversity and where all boys thrive academically and holistically. University Prep develops this culture through small classes, student empowerment, personalized attention from teachers and school staff, and a consistent focus on successful instructional outcomes. University Prep provides opportunities and experiences that balance the academic, social, physical, and creative development of young men. Consistent emphasis is placed on preparation for life after high school, a 100% graduation rate, and all students being college or workplace ready.
- General administrative office duties for CTE: filing, copying, faxing etc.
- Familiar with UPREP CTE Programs, Offerings & Opportunities
- Attend CTE Department and Steering Committee Meetings, within scheduled work hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs and Google Docs etc.
- Manage CTE related phone and email messages
- Copy, fax, and scan relevant program documents
- Release security door
- Check late students to CTE, be sure they have a pass and have been scanned in the main building. If a student arrives without a pass, radio to the main building to be sure they have been checked in and scanned
- Manage calendar of CTE Director
- Organize and File CTE Related Documents both physically and electronically
- Familiar and facilitate the Work-Permit Process (i.e. WP Requirements, application distribution, Communication with school nurse and main office, review upon return prior to submission to CTE Director)
- Manage CTE bulletin boards (i.e. CTE and Cafeteria)
- Maintain and organize CTE supply closet
- Aware & familiar with NYS Career & Technical Education (CTE) office contacts & website
- Aware & familiar with NY CTE Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
- Create weekly menu for the Culinary Program to send to staff for dining and/or ordering
- Keep running totals of orders and money served per lunch service day, cross-reference daily total with CTE Director and make deposit with Business Manager
- Obtain and keep a running record of invoices from purchases for each of the CTE areas and submit to the Business Manager for processing and payment
- Collaboration, critical thinking, organization, problem-solving skills
- Initiative, Drive, Motivation
- Continued Professional Development
Compensation and benefits: Teacher salary is competitive with salaries at area public schools. Opportunities for additional pay include sports coaching, Saturday School program, and facilitation of student clubs. University Prep offers a medical benefits package to employees and a 403B retirement account. Uprep is apart of the NYSTRS effective July 1, 2022.
- Well-established communication and collaboration skills and a desire to work on a start-up team
- Exceptional willingness to both learn and lead through feedback
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for the subject matter as well as teaching across disciplines
- BA/BS from an accredited institution required
- Experience with 13 to 18 year old’s in an urban educational setting highly desired
- Computer skills: Strong skills, including fluency with Google productivity tools
- Language skills: fluency in English required
- Reasoning ability: very high skills in defining problems, collecting data, drawing conclusions, and deal with abstract concepts
- Physical demands: ability to regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk/hear; occasionally lifting/moving up to 15 pounds; no special vision requirements
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions
of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at UPREP