The Patient Service Coordinator is responsible for managing the clinic and providing outstanding customer service to all patients and families.
- Completes vital signs, specimen testing and EKGs as needed.
- Organizes daily schedule of patients, greet patients and assigns rooms.
- Orders supplies for unit as necessary.
- Maintains competency requirements.
- Coordinates the ordering of blood products in collaboration with RNs, Blood Bank and Laboratory.
- Greets each person entering the clinic, identifies self and role. Explains processes and procedures to new patients and assists with paperwork.
- Participate in interdisciplinary activities such as staff meetings and other committees as assigned.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Maintain high visibility. Stationed in a prominent area in the clinic that is readily identifiable and accessible to customer.
- Anticipates and responds to meet customer needs.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situation as a team member.
- Participates in interdisciplinary activities such as staff meetings and other committees as assigned.
- Assists in the registration of patients to include verification and confirmation of health insurance coverage.
- Immediately report any situation that may impact safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Provides front desk coverage as assigned.
- Continuously monitors environment and facilitates correction of any detraction from the appearance, comfort and safety of the clinic.
- Account for all customers in the clinic.
- Provides lobby/waiting room coordination and supervision.
- Serve as liaison between customer and clinic staff.
- Collects 100% of copays daily and correctly balances at the end of each day.
- Coordinates scheduling to include testing.
- Coordinates and manages the bone marrow biopsy schedule for multiple practitioners and bone marrow technician.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of direct patient care and or phlebotomy experience.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals from multi-disciplinary groups.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy licensure preferredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 34