Are you a Medical Assistant interested in a career that provides plenty of opportunity for growth and development? If you're passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today!
UPMC is looking for a Medical Assistant to work at Ortho Sports Medicine of Erie!
Travel will be required to other office sites within North East location two days per month. Hours for this position will be Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pm; no weekends required! This position will be responsible for back office and front office duties. Previous Medical Assistant experience is preferred! Recent Medical Assistant graduates/externs are welcome to apply as well!
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Medical Assistant Career Ladder, based on their individual experience and education.
Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG's, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program preferred or equivalent hospital program or minimum of one year of direct patient care experience.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Act 31 Clearance due within 90 days of hire or transfer date.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance