Diagnostic Technologist - UPM East
UPMC Monroeville, PA
- Expired: September 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a meaningful career with endless opportunities? At UPMC East, we utilize the latest resources in advanced medical technology, infection control, and patient comfort and safety to provide the highest possible level of patient care. UPMC East is a state-of-the-art community hospital designed to be the hospital of tomorrow, today.
UPMC East is hiring a fulltime Diagnostic Technologist that will be scheduled rotating shifts with call, weekend and holiday responsibilities. Additionally, this role will be located primarily at UPMC East, however, there may be some rotations to the UPMC Monroeville Imaging Center.
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint.
The Diagnostic Technologist role incudes a $6,000 sign-on bonus (2 year work commitment) for eligible candidates!
Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Career Ladder based on their individual experience and education.
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician orders/department policy
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing established protocols/procedures without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic radiography purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school of completion of program and scheduled graduation date.
- Technologists hired before graduation will have indirect supervision by an ARRT certified diagnostic technologist until the degree is verified.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT Certificate - ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist. Must obtain radiography registry within 12 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - CPR or BLS RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran