University of Pittsburgh
Physicians is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant - Senior to support
the Division of Surgical Oncology at Scaife Hall on UPMC Presbyterian's campus!
Under general direction, the Senior Administrative Assistant provides varied
administrative support of a complex and technical nature to single or multiple
department(s) or a division. This position will provide support on both the
clinical and administrative aisles, including the management and coordination
of clinical, administrative, and academic calendars for the Division Chief.
include, but are not limited to, triaging patient phone calls and messages,
scheduling patient appointments, coordinating both domestic and international travel
arrangements, scanning patient records, and tracking expenses for the physician.
The ideal candidate for
this position will have administrative experience in a medical and/or
healthcare work environment, as well as a working knowledge of EPIC. Strong
calendar management skills are highly preferred, as is the ability to handle a
heavy call volume atmosphere. Previous experience making travel
arrangements (both international and domestic) is also highly preferred.
- Provides input to presentations and other department/supervisor work (i.e., supervisor provides general thought and Senior Admin will draft more material based on initial ideas).
- Develops and sends correspondence on behalf of department and department head (i.e., draft and send meeting minutes, draft and send meeting events).
- Plans conferences for department and department head.
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant - Intermediate:
- Maintains supervisor's calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor's behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly).
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports).
- May make travel arrangements.
- Develops reports for executive or department.
- Analyzes complex information requests and determines complex trends.
- Reviews administrative procedures and operating practices, and makes recommendations to increase efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years experience in an increasingly responsible administrative support role.
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and functions.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment.
- Previous administrativeexperience in a medical office and/or healthcare work environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge ofEPIC/EpicCare preferred.
- Exceptional calendar managementskills strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with domestic and/or international travel arrangements preferred.
- Ability to manage a high callvolume environment strongly preferred.
- Act 34