Expeditor / Purchasing Administrator
UPG is seeking and experienced and confident Expeditor to facilitate the flow of work and materials in our Houston facility. The Expeditor / Purchasing Administrator will strategize and administer activities related to receiving and dispatching shipments such as confirming accuracy of orders, and generate reports on work progress, completion dates, production challenges, stock levels and costs. You will monitor aspects of processes such as purchasing, cost management and order changing, and forward issues to management.
To ensure success you need to apply your skills, knowledge, and experience as an Expeditor to ensure swift, seamless processes. Preferred candidates are organized and highly motivated team players.
1. Growing professional relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
2. Collaborating with project management to prepare for project review meetings.
3. Liaising with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods.
4. Receiving shipments of materials, and examining deliveries to ensure accurate quantities, quality, and specifications.
5. Facilitating flow of materials between various departments and parties.
6. Examining job cost reports for inconsistencies, such as mischarges.
7. Ensuring cleanliness and tidiness of warehouse.
8. Meeting and collaborating with management to assess reliability of suppliers and vendors, and to identify solutions for ongoing problems.
9. Performing clerical duties and maintaining accurate records and files of activities.
10. Following established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
11. Expeditor Requirements:
12. High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
13. 2+ years work experience in similar role.
14. Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement.
15. Excellent computer skills.
16. Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
17. Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
18. Proficient people skills.
19. Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills.
20. Ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
UPG products are sold to over 40 global blue chip customers and the company has developed a strong market position based on its technical expertise combined with unparalleled quality, delivery and service levels. UPG operates three world-class manufacturing facilities – in Houston, Texas; Cardiff, Wales; and Suzhou, China – that offer a complete range of capabilities, including product design, engineering, rapid prototyping, and plastic injection molding, along with a suite of other technology platforms, value added assembly and global supply chain management.