Enrollment Outreach Counselor
- Posted: over a month ago
- $52,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Enrollment Outreach Counselor
Annual Salary Range: $52,000 - $55,000
Founded in 1991, today the University of the West (UWest) is a liberal arts university accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and committed to providing a whole-person education in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values. The goal of UWest is to foster understanding and appreciation of the dynamic intellectual and economic relationship between the East and the West. UWest offers academic programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and the doctorate degree level. University of the West, located in the city of Rosemead, Los Angeles County, California, is looking for an Enrollment Outreach Counselor.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Enrollment Coordinator, the Enrollment Outreach Counselor performs a variety of recruitment and advising efforts to attract and enroll undergraduate/graduate students in support of University of the West’s enrollment plan. Serves as primary point of contact for both domestic and international applicants and engages with partnering agents. Works to build collegial relationships with domestic college partners, high school counselors and campus community colleagues. Interprets and informs prospective students, parents, and agents on University admissions policies, procedures and financial aid. Provides prospective students with a positive, student-centered experience through all stages of the enrollment cycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships and engagement with prospective students, high school counselors, community college transfer centers and ensure marketing materials are in stock to promote application submission
- Responsible for following up on prospective student generated through web, phone inquiries, web chat, events, and webinars
- Assist international applicants to submit documentation for UWest application and visa requirements
- Maintain time-sensitive log for tracking and following up with prospective students
- Utilize databases to constantly generate a pipeline of high value applicants
- Conduct interviews and tours on-campus or over phone/digital platforms
- Keep an accurate log to track and follow up with prospective students while utilizing in house CRM
- Initiate and provide support for international partners, including individual agents, agencies, language schools, and partner colleges and universities
- Prepare and conduct a variety of oral presentations to diverse student populations, including parents and community members, on university admissions, financial aid process, university programs and student services at local high schools and community colleges
- Participates in all recruitment efforts including open houses, campus tours and college fairs
- Coordinate and conduct on-site admissions at local area high schools in partnership with high school college counselors.
- Assist in planning, publicizing, and conducting open houses, campus tours, college fairs, and other on- and off-campus recruitment events
- Collaborate with staff to help attain common goals through participation in meetings, project teams, training, and planning activities
- Knowledge of computer skills and maintaining outreach website
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 2 years’ experience in higher education or customer service, preferably in Admissions, Enrollment or a related area
- Ability to provide excellent customer service with a student-centered focus
- Experience in international recruiting, admissions, enrollment, advising and financial aid preferred.
- Reliable source of transportation. Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations
- Strong organizational and time management skills & ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments.
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in a clear manner, both in speech and writing
- Experience using social media for outreach and publicity
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments
- Advanced MSOffice suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience using Customer Relations Management (CRM) software
- Familiarity with F-1/SEVIS requirements
- Experience evaluating foreign education credentials
- Ability to speak a language other than English
UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?