- Posted: 5 days ago
Institution: University of Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Department: University Marketing
Reports: Director of Marketing & Communications
Date Posted: January 2023
The University of Sioux Falls is a private Christian University offering a positive, collegial work environment and a strong benefit and compensation package. Benefits include, but are not limited to, health insurance, employer HSA contributions, tuition remission, and vacation, sick, holiday, and emergency benefit leave in the full-time employee compensation package.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Graphic Designer position in the University of Sioux Falls Marketing Department acts as the in-house design agency for the USF community, with the notable exception of USF Athletics. The Graphic Designer oversees the graphic design process from start to finish and serves as the project manager for in-house and contracted graphic design services and projects. The Graphic Designer produces a wide variety of quality promotional and publicity materials in print or digital formats—and creates original designs that adhere to the University's brand and graphic standards.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce professional graphic materials.
- Initiate project activity, manage requests, take ownership, and follow through to completion. Conduct follow-ups with individuals as necessary, including internal clients and external vendors.
- Demonstrate extreme accuracy in all communications and presentations, proof all materials, and secure appropriate final approval.
- Maintain University identity, quality, and consistency in all graphic presentations.
- Possesses knowledge of print and web production to aid graphic design.
- Coordinate publications, signage, and promotional product orders and reorders.
B. Organization and Workflow
- Serve as project manager for in-house and contracted graphic design projects.
- Maintain an organized archive of images, photos, and previous work products.
- Successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines with confidence and accuracy.
C. Collaborative and Team Environment
- Ability to interpret a client's needs to determine the scope of projects, advise strategic direction to reach a particular audience, messages the design should portray, etc.
- Communicate effectively, timely, and professionally with all internal and external contacts.
- Assist with other projects individually and as a part of the University Marketing team, as assigned and pertains to the position.
- Responsible for adhering to all department and University policies and procedures and the rules, regulations, bylaws, and interpretations of the Northern Sun Conference, the NCAA, Title IX, and others as required in higher education.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design required or demonstration of like degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in design is preferred.
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Proven experience working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using current industry-standard graphic arts technology, including, but not limited to, the following: proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign); knowledge of CMYK and RGB color spaces; awareness of web publishing technologies and standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the marketing department, other University departments, colleagues, and business partners.
- Commitment to higher education at a Christian University.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; successfully pass a required background check and be able to stand, sit and walk as a part of performing the duties of this job.
- Possess a current/valid driver's license with the ability to travel occasionally.
Applicants should provide a letter of application, resume, an electronic design portfolio, and contact information for a minimum of three professional references. Applicants will be considered only if all previously mentioned items are submitted to USF. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS
The University of Sioux Falls is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes.
UNIV OF SIOUX FALLS
AddressSioux Falls, SD
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?