Cryogenics System Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
FUNCTION TITLE: CRYOGENICS SYSTEM OPERATORS
Under the direction of the UPC Fuels Manager, cryogenics system operator shall be fully knowledgeable of cryogenics products and system as outlined in the most current version of OPNAVINST.4790.2 and references sited therein. Cryogenic system operator shall have a minimum of two (2) years of documented experience in the receipt, storage, testing and issue of cryogenic products (LOX / LN2), inspection and operator maintenance of cryogenics tanks, portable servicing carts, liquid to gas converter system or those systems applicable to the base. Cryogenics system operator shall be thoroughly familiar with Aviation Breathing Oxygen Analyzer (ABO), tools, regulations, directives, quality requirements, and safety procedures.
Contract personnel that are assigned to operate ABO analyzing equipment shall be fully qualified as outlined in NAVAIR A6-332AO-GYD-000, laboratory and field guide, Aviation Breathing Oxygen (ABO) Surveillance program laboratory manual and field guide, section IV.
- Performs LOX / LN2 receipts, testing, storage, transfers, and cryogenic fluids servicing operations with equipment/facilities.
- Performs all cryogenics handling and associated duties in strict compliance to governing United States Navy and United Paradyne Corporation technical orders and policy/procedural directives.
- Maintains personal technical and performance competency commensurate to United States Navy, contract Performance Work Statement (PWS), and United Paradyne Corporation prescribed environmental, safety, skill knowledge, training, and performance levels in execution of all assigned cryogenics handling tasks.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in common/public work areas and LOX facilities as directed by the Cryogenics System Supervisor.
- Familiar with, and experienced in Department of Defense (DOD) cryogenics handling procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Cryogenic system inspection and maintenance practices and capable to identify and mitigate potentially hazardous situations.
- Capable to participate in extensive operational and safety training associated with hazardous material and equipment handling.
- Working familiarity with applicable manuals associating with Cryogenics handling.
- Must be able to read and understand English (be literate) and be capable of performing basic numeric operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and the use of numbers as they relate to ledgers, logs, forms, meters, gauges, and measuring devices and other instruments.
- Sit or stand for the majority of a normal workday.
- Maneuver between floors (stairwell/ramp) of LOX site.
- Pull/push equipment used in LOX site.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach above shoulder level for operating equipment throughout site.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS OR CONDITIONS:
- Able to obtain and maintain base access.
- Certified and working knowledge of Aviation Breathing Oxygen analyzer and sampling unit.
*General CRYOGENICS SYSTEM OPERATOR Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Prefer a minimum two years experience in either military or commercial industry Cryogenics operations.
- Prefer formal military or equivalent commercial industry advanced specialty training such as: US Navy Machinist Mate Cryogenics Course; US Air Force Cryotrainer Maintenance and Support Equipment Course J3AZR2F051-005 or Nicolet ABO Analyzer Training
UNITED PARADYNE CORPORATION
TechnologyView all jobs at UNITED PARADYNE CORPORATION