Senior Relationship Manager
- Expired: December 02, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for the administration of a designated scholarship program that is within the Scholarships and Programs Division. Responsibilities include interacting with donors, students, and institutional & interdepartmental staff to carry out, maintain and grow programs within the Manager’s portfolio. The Senior Relationship Manager is also responsible for relationship building and maintenance with the desired result of program renewal, increases in funding opportunities and customer/donor engagement. Program administration may be based on the geographical location, gender, need, merit, and/or degree type for which the scholarship is awarded (i.e. Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM), etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities related to the effective and successful implementation and on-going management of a sponsored scholarship program including the planning, coordination, marketing, student identification and application process, awarding and administrating/processing of scholarship funds.
- Regularly meet with and write reports to the Grantor and coordinate the administration of program’s work with the Program’s Development Officer, keeping them apprised of developments related to the Program.
- Monitor the budget and financial activity of the assigned scholarship program.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with colleges’ and universities’ Enrollment Management and Financial Aid Administrators to ensure accuracy with student verifications.
- Collaborate with Development staff and UNCF Accounting on the preparation and timely submission of detailed annual and ad hoc program and financial program reports for submission to the Grantor.
- Monitor and track the distribution of renewable scholarship program funds to ensure proper allocation so that appropriate amounts are distributed each year.
- Work with Grantors and coordinate selection committee meeting (if necessary).
- Respond to stakeholder (students, institutions, Grantor, Development, Scholarships and Programs, etc.) inquiries within a 24-hour period and maintain appropriate records in UNCF’s Salesforce CRM on each contact.
- Work with the Program’s Development Officer to develop materials (case study, program highlights, student profiles, etc.) on adding additional Program partners and continuing scholarship and institutional initiatives.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; At least 7-10 years of experience in end-to-end program administration and/or management.
Familiarity with curriculum in secondary education and higher education.
Experience with the development and administration of a culturally competent curriculum for college students’ development and application of skills needed for college enrollment, completion, career exploration and job attainment.
Understanding of the certificate, two and four-year college and college admissions and financial aid process.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to participate and lead the development of program research and evaluation by organizing the collection of data, sharing in the analysis and evaluation and providing on time submission of understandable reports
- Ability to develop and write marketing materials, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and to document business processes and records with an attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, refine and track and review key performance indicators and metrics related to program performance and outcome.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement and to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing tasks and to meet high expectations for successful performance while maintaining integrity and transparency.
- Ability to affirmatively and supportively supervise a staff member(s) and to evaluate staff performance.
- Strong organizational and written and oral communication skills.
- SalesForce software experience desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND
BusinessView all jobs at UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND