Communications Director: Content Comms and Marketing Strategy
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Communications Director: Content Communications and Marketing Strategy
UNCF is seeking a Director of Communications Strategy to develop and implement creative and measurable communications and marketing plans for various internal divisions and strategic initiatives that encompass advertising, public relations, market research, publications, digital/social media, events, media relations and other aspects of strategic marketing. This individual should be a seasoned marketing and communications professional and will work within the Branding, Marketing and Communications department and directly with the local office development team and other internal divisions. This person should possess strong oral, written, storytelling, digital and media relations skills and a solid lists of national media contacts. In addition, s/he must be a self-starter, demonstrated team-player and project manager with experience and a passion for education.
- Develop, implement, evaluate comprehensive marketing and communication strategies
- Use innovative marketing strategies to build relationships and enhance UNCF priorities
- Plan and conduct research
- Relationship Building
- Develop and manage communications strategies
- Build a culture of collaboration with internal partners
- Develop key messaging
- Foster and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage UNCF partnerships and initiatives
- Serve as a thought leader around local UNCF markets
The ideal candidate is a collaborative individual with 10-20 years of experience working in the field of communications, marketing or public relations. S/he will be comfortable dealing with the ambiguity associated with strategic implementation and should also have the following qualifications:
· Ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively
· Interest in and understanding of the broader media landscape, with passionate ideas about what great content should look like
· Strong oral, written and storytelling communications skills
· Strategic thinking skills, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
· Ability to manage and execute highly complex or specialized projects or processes
· Previous experience as a communications manager for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant master’s Degree would also be an advantage
- Expertise in branding, marketing, public affairs, crisis communications, issues management, and public relations
This position reports to the Vice President of Branding, Marketing and Communications and National Director of Communications.
UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND
Get fresh Director Marketing Communications jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.