- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order (Pre-inspection and Post-inspection)
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect pickup and delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours and mileage
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons to transport and deliver linen.
- Obtain Pickup Tickets at time of pickup and Bill of Ladings at time of delivery with signatures for picked up and delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Operate equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers
UNITED HOSPITALITY SERVICES LLCINDUSTRIAL LAUNDRY