United Community Bank Greenville, SC
- Expired: August 10, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Communication Strategist
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Direct Reports: Content Specialist
SUMMARY: The Communications Strategist Role is an integral part of the Marketing leadership team reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer. The Communications Strategist will be integral in helping to develop and execute the overall marketing strategy of this rapidly growing team. This role manages and directs all corporate communication initiatives. They are responsible for creating and promoting a strong communication culture within the company and will leverage communications to build a strong brand in the community.
This role will require persuasive and clear writing and will work closely with senior leaders within United, including our CEO and President.
Executive visibility, social media, employee communications and events, public relations initiatives.
THE BANK TODAY:
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCBI) (United) provides a full range of banking, wealth management and mortgage services for relationship-oriented consumers and business owners.
United's MarCom team is nimble, growing, and filled with passionate and creative marketers and thinkers. The team serves to increase brand awareness, promote product and service adoption, and drive continued growth across our markets with external marketing and works to cultivate an exceptional culture through internal communications.
In 2021, J.D. Power ranked United highest in customer satisfaction with retail banking in the Southeast, marking seven out of the last eight years United earned the coveted award. In 2020, United was also named "Best Banks to Work For" by American Banker, was recognized by Forbes on their World's Best Banks and Best Banks in America lists, and received five Greenwich Excellence Awards.
The company, known as "The Bank That SERVICE Built," has $18.6 billion in assets and 161 offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee along with a national SBA lending franchise and a national equipment lending subsidiary.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate communications, public relations, investor relations and media relations
- Eight to twelve years of experience in related field for a financial institution or similar organization
- Familiarity with financial institution operations and procedures, market research and analysis
- Excellent business and consumer writing skills including, including but not limited to speechwriting and executive presentation development, all-employee emails, CEO newsletters, talking points, media pitches, news releases
- Experience working with and supporting senior executives
- Comfortable handing incoming queries and talking to media outlets
- Be an inspiring storyteller, working closely with the CEO, CMO and executive team to set a proactive PR and corporate communications agenda across existing and emerging channels
- Ability to work quickly and independently, but be naturally collaborative and comfortable integrating with other disciplines.
- Resourceful mindset and an orientation towards building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside; highly collaborative
- Experience with various computer word-processing programs including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Participate in all required compliance training, including Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering training, as well as internal and external training programs, online training, meetings, and seminars/conferences, etc.
- Lead speechwriter for Chief Executive Officer and other UCBI executives
- Author/editor of key internal/external/shareholder letters and e-mails
- Development and production of scripts and executive presentations
- External and Internal Communication consultation
- Media Relations
- Work with our PR agency to build and lead a best-in-class Communications approach that supports the company's business objectives and advances UCBI's image and reputation across a broad range of external audiencesWrite talking points for crisis situations
- Receive and address media inquiries in coordination with PR agency
- Coordinate media responses with subject experts in coordination with PR agency
- Review and approve all non-financial articles, interviews and news releases
- Develop, lead and implement and internal employee communications strategy to be executing through email, events, Intranet (UConnect) and beyond with the goals of:
- Showing our associates that we're a great place to work and help them feel our purpose daily.
- Get employees excited about our mission and vision
- Reinforce they are a part of something bigger
- Assimilate new employees into the United Culture (Organic and Acquired)
- Focus on the positive growth story of the upcoming mergers to get employees excited about the opportunity
- Develop and implement strategy for quarterly all-employee call to enhance employee engagement (visuals, video recording and distribution, etc.)
- Draft communication strategy for important new initiatives
- Lead communications, including talking points for crisis situations
- Annual and ESG reports
- Oversee concept, design, content and production
- Research and conduct interviews for report content
- Author of all content, including CEO letter and special features
- Coordinate financial and governance content with Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and other appropriate staff
- Partner with our Community Development team to tell the story both internally and externally about their work including Community Engagement, the United Community Bank Foundation, Power of U committee (Diversity and Inclusion) and our Leadership Academy.
- Own the bank's social media policy and update as needed
- Partner with our Digital Marketing team to drive social strategy and grow our social presence across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as new channels (TikTok and more)
- Partner on the Influencer strategy as a way to increase awareness and engagement across social channels
Research and write companywide news releases
Writing for internal and external online communication
Writing in support of special and ongoing corporate initiatives
Idea and concept development as needed
Manage the development of marketing content for internal customers
United Community Bank
BusinessView all jobs at United Community Bank