We are seeking a Registered Nurse- for the San Diego Psychiatric Hospital to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of behavioral patients.
The San Diego Psychiatric Hospital is a locked facility. The mission of the Hospital is to provide psychiatric evaluation and crisis intervention-oriented acute treatment for adult residents of San Diego County. The goal of the Hospital is to help stabilize patients' behavioral health crisis, and move ahead to a less restrictive level of care.
Pay starting at $35.00 - $40.83 per hour. In addition to the hourly rate, UNI nurse earn a premium bonuses. Paid training and orientations is offered to all new hires.
Psychiatric Nurses at the Psychiatric Hospital are assigned to one of two 12 hour shifts:
Morning (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) or
Night (7 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
For immediate consideration, you may call the office at (619) 615-0439 and ask to speak with Dexter.
- Possession of a valid and current California Registered Nurse license
- Experience in a psychiatric, detox, or emergency setting is highly desirable.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider CPR certification
** We will provide the a Professional Assault Crisis and Restraint training certification
** New incumbents must complete this training during orientation and prior to working with patients.
Benefits and Perks for UNI Nurses:
-Weekly Pay - We manage payroll in-house meaning fast turn-around and easy access to your earnings, as well as payroll support at your finger tips
-Flexible scheduling - part-time or full-time; AM, PM and NOC shifts currently available, as well as 8 hour, 12 hour and per diem scheduling options
-Masterbooking -- Know you're schedule for one month + in advance as a UNI per diem nurse
-Ongoing training and development - to assure UNI staff are equipped with the necessary tools to be successful at every healthcare facility staffed at -- We assist our staff with managing credentials and keeping compliance at all times through automated reminders, clinic referrals and courses as necessary
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
*Qualified candidates will be contacted within 24-48 hours to discuss the position details and next steps to start the interview process.
UNI Health Care Recruiters
Why Work Here?UNI Health Care Recruiters is a strong force in the healthcare staffing industry as we continue to provide healthcare professionals and strengthen the relationships with our client facilities. Our travel team is dedicated to their commitment to excellence. We take pride in knowing our healthcare providers as well as our client facilities never doubt how important they are to us. Let us show you what we are all about....YOU!
UNI has been successfully staffing healthcare providers to our client facilities across the nation for 39 years...and going strong!
San Diego, CA