Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person." -Unknown
Are you highly motivated and passionate to make positive changes in someone's life, yet also looking to enrich your career in the healthcare industry? If so, look no further U.N.I has a great opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for compassionate, highly professional and dedicated Mental Health Aides to work at San Diego County Mental Health CMH. For intimidate consideration please contact GERRY at 213-249-9155.
Pay: $14.50 to $15.00 (Time and a half after 8 hours: Blended Rate $ 17.50)
Additional responsibilities for MHA position may Include not limited to:
* Observes and monitors the behavior and whereabouts of patients in order to maintain their safety.
* Interacts with and provides directions to patients during instances where patients require assistance with daily living activities or when patients demonstrate high risk behaviors, such as becoming agitated, becoming assaultive, or causing a danger to self or others.
* Reports patient behavior to clinical staff.
* Prepares written documentation of patient behaviors and treatments in accordance with hospital policy and procedures; and makes notes in medical records, report sheets, and legals.
* Assists clinical staff during patient group activities.
* Operates medical vital signs equipment and reports pain level to the licensed nurse.
* Attends training and staff meetings as required; participates in change of shift report in order to exchange information with the oncoming staff.
* Transports and accompanies and/or escorts patients to court hearings, appointments, or other facilities as necessary.
* Uses computers to perform required job functions.
* Provides responsive, high quality service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
* Basic principles and practices of mental health
* Basic principles of individual and group education as applied to mental health patients
* Crisis intervention techniques as applied to intervening in difficult situations and potential emergency situations involving mental health patients
* Basic methods and techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
* County customer service objectives and strategies
* Telephone, office, and online etiquette
* Current technology and trends in the profession
San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital
3853 Rosecrans St.
San Diego, Ca. 92110
7AM - 7:30PM
7PM - 7:30AM
- 6 months to a year minimum of working experience related to mental health
- Current physical exam (within the past year)
- TB test or chest x-ray (within the past year)
- CPR/BLS card Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check upon employment
Benefits and Perks for UNI employees:
Weekly Pay - We manage payroll in-house meaning fast turn-around and easy access to your earnings, as well as payroll support at your finger
Paid training and orientations offered to all new hires - feel confident with starting something new and certain of your new position role(s)
Flexible scheduling - part-time or full-time; AM, PM and NOC shifts currently available.