## Position Summary
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, in association with UNC Health Care System, is seeking candidates for Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator openings based at Chatham Hospital in Siler City, NC. These openings are part of a new initiative to develop a maternal and child health (MCH) service, including deliveries, at Chatham Hospital which is a 21-bed critical access hospital with a 10-bed emergency department and a hospitalist teaching service entirely staffed by UNC Department of Family Medicine faculty physicians. This is a unique opportunity to join an academically diverse and energetic faculty engaged in the provision of care to a rural population while training the next generation of physicians and other health care providers to provide care to underserved populations.
The mission of the UNC Department of Family Medicine is to promote the health of the people of North Carolina and the nation through leadership and innovation in clinical practice, medical education, research and community service. We are concerned with both current needs and future generations, and have a special commitment to the underserved, mothers and children, the elderly and other populations at risk in a time of rapid changes in the organization of health care. Learn more about the Department of Family Medicine at: https://www.med.unc.edu/fammed/
The Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator positions will be an integral part of the MCH service at Chatham Hospital. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Clinical: The clinical responsibilities will include covering labor & delivery. Depending on the applicant's qualifications and training, other clinical responsibilities may include working as a hospitalist, continuity clinic, specialty clinics, and/or surgical coverage.
* Teaching & Education: This will be a rich teaching environment which will include, residents, medical students, and fellows.
* Research: All faculty are encouraged to develop a scholarly interest. Clinical faculty are expected to produce a scholarly product, which may include national presentations and should include manuscript submission, at a rate of one every one or two years.
* Supervision: This position likely will involve supervision of a midwife, nurse practitioner, and/or physician assistant.
* Institutional Citizenship: All faculty are expected to work as part of the larger team to improve access, reduce cost, improve quality, and promote efficiency and better health outcomes. You may be requested to engage in community outreach and attend professional events to assist with program development and building professional relationships with referring providers. In addition, attention to timely and complete documentation, patient satisfaction, and referring physician satisfaction are expected of each faculty member in our department.
Faculty rank and salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent UNC faculty physician benefits and clinical incentive pay. The Department prefers full-time positions but is willing to negotiate to no less than .75 FTE (full time equivalent).
## Educational Requirements
MD or DO required.
## Qualifications and Experience
Completion of an ACGME approved 3-year family medicine residency program that included strong training in maternal and child healthcare. Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine. Fellowship training in operative obstetrics is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
Or completion of an ACGME approved 4-year OB-GYN residency program. Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The ideal candidate will be an early to mid-career level faculty member with experience in outpatient clinical care, teaching, clinical scholarship, maternity care, inpatient care, and after hours care.
## Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
# Department Contact Information
## Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University's Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost office at (919) 962-1092 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note: The Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
If you have any questions about the job requirements or the hiring department notify the Department Contact.
*Position Type:* Permanent Faculty
*Working Title:* Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator (Siler City)
*Appointment Type:* Fixed Term Faculty
*Salary Range:* Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
*Full-time/Part-time:* Full Time
*Vacancy ID:* FAC0002453
*Posting Open Date:* 08/21/2018
*Application Deadline:* 08/20/2019
*Open Until Filled:* Yes
*Proposed Start Date:* 06/01/2019
*Quick Link:* http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/143329
*Department Contact Name and Title:* Ethan Pitts - HR Consultant
*Department Contact Telephone or Email:* 984-974-4879 - Ethan_Pitts@med.unc.edu
UNC Department of Public Safety
Chapel Hill, NC
Posted: over a month ago