Research Analyst - Hybrid/Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is primarily remote, onsite requirement two days per month.
Why join UMass Global?
Competitive compensation and benefits promote your health and well-being. UMass Global embraces inclusion, promotes corporate responsibility, and applies sustainable practices on the job and in the office.
At the University of Massachusetts Global, we value the personal health and financial well-being of our employees. Our affordable and flexible benefits packages truly encompass our mission and values by giving our employees peace of mind to allow them to focus on their professional development and other important aspects in their lives. Our benefits include:
- Variety of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Programs (Physical and Mental Health Challenges, Campus Events)
- Robust and comprehensive Retirement Plan (Basic, Supplemental, Roth options)
- Employer matching and mandatory contribution by UMass Global
- Tuition Remission (UMass Global and Chapman)
- Professional development through online learning and training tools
- Service/Recognition awards
- Paid time off
The Research Analyst works closely with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional Research and Planning and the other members of the Office of Institutional Research and Planning on education policy analyses, environmental scans, and data (external and internal) reporting responsibilities in order to support the institutional planning and strategic decision-making of the University.
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any boosters recommended by the CDC) and demonstrate proof of vaccination upon hire, unless approved for a disability or religious accommodation.
UMass Global employees are eligible to participate in a voluntary hybrid flexible work arrangement benefit (including remote work with two days in the office per month), with approval of their supervisor, through the University’s Voluntary Flexible Work Arrangement Program.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 100% of time
- Conduct environmental scans, competitive analyses, and other research briefs to support the development of new academic programs and the revision of existing academic programs
- Respond to and complete external reporting requests, including surveys for accreditation, compliance, and institutional rankings
- Support university survey research efforts, including survey instrument development, survey logistics, and preparation of the final survey reports
- Perform and prepare an annual audit report of online courses and/or competencies to ensure compliance with policies related to attendance, regular and substantive faculty interactions, and prior learning assessment
- Collaborate with various university departments to meet internal and external reporting needs
- Track and analyze various university datasets in order to report on reoccurring and/or ad hoc data requests
- Special projects as identified by the Executive Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs/Provost and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional Research and Planning
- Perform other duties, as assigned
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Special Conditions of Employment:
Position may be required to work flexible hours particularly given campuses’ extended hours of operation, and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. All applicants are subject to a background check and criminal history review. Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Research, Evaluation, Education Policy, or a related field
- Master’s degree in a field related to Statistics, Research, Evaluation, or Education Policy, preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in higher education research and data management
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of quality assurance, data integrity, and data confidentiality
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing complex data
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing, as appropriate for the needs of university stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills to meet multiple critical deadlines
- Ability to recognize and analyze various research and data trends
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment while completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices and Software:
- Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Internet Explorer or other browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Student Information System (i.e. Banner)
- Enterprise Reporting Tools (i.e., Argos)
- Video conferencing technology
- Standard office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, scanner)
Contact with Students: Occasional Contact with Faculty and/or Staff:
Frequent Contact with Community and Vendors: Occasional Please Note: Internal Employees, please access the Career app on the Workday Dashboard homepage to apply for the position. Equal Employment Opportunity -UMass Global is committed to providing an educational and work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. UMass Global prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and/ related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Reasonable Accommodation – UMass Global provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the recruitment department.
UMass GlobalWhy Work Here?
Top rated university with competitive pay, outstanding benefits and career growth.
The University of Massachusetts Global (UMass Global) is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Massachusetts. Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), the University is distinctly focused on student success and takes pride in delivering an equitable, inclusive, transformative, and flexible education. UMass Global offers 90+ career paths—including degree programs, emphasis areas, concentrations, credentials, and specialties with both credit and non-credit options across its schools of arts and sciences, business, education, nursing, and health.
16355 Laguna Canyon RoadIrvine, CA
ScienceView all jobs at UMass Global