UMOS, Inc. Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Chief Financial Officer GRADE LEVEL: 18 Exec. Scale
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Deputy Chief Financial Officer develops budgets, manages operational accounting for UMOS, prepares internal reports for management, and advises the other members on the executive team on cost control and operational effectiveness.
1. Assists with all activities and fiscal responsibilities of the agency’s division of finance; implements and maintains an accounting system which addresses the agency’s financial responsibilities, safeguards, and controls necessary to carry out all financial activities.
2. Responsible for a broad range of strategic planning and financial modeling that UMOS and provides financial insight and recommendations to both the short- and long-term growth of the organization
3. Responsible for all financial statements of UMOS and their compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
4. Provides overall guidance and management of the payroll system, accounts payable and receivable processes.
5. Lead departmental and organizing project budgets and compliance reviews, comparing actual expenditures and income to the approved budgets and ensuring regulatory compliance funding sources.
6. Extensive interaction with board of directors, various departments and internal/external stakeholders.
7. Manage budgeting systems which provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities, directly and indirectly related to program operations; as well as other activities relating to investments, construction, and other matters.
8. Direct activities related to devising and installing accounting systems and related procedures; conducts survey of operations to ascertain needs of programs, departments, and organizational functional areas.
9. Conducts continuing assessments of the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations and prepares reports and recommendations for management.
10. Analyzes past and present financial operations and estimates future revenues and expenditures to prepare budgets.
11. Overall supervision of accounting department staff.
1. BBA or BS degree with a major in accounting
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) required
3. A minimum of 10 years of audit, finance, accounting, systems, and business experience
4. Experience in customizing and managing computerized accounting systems.
5. Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to build financial models and forecasts.
6. A minimum of six years of recent in a lead financial role with responsibility for accounting, budgeting, payroll and cash management.
7. Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget Circulars regarding non-profit organizations
8. Must have a car and adequate auto insurance, must be able to travel and work irregular hours.
9. Ability to communicate and foster teamwork with Administration and Program staff
10. Must be able to utilize confidential client information for the purpose of substantiating program compliance
11. Good written and oral communications and problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
UMOS, Inc.Why Work Here?
Excellent benefits, generous PTO policy and culturally diverse workforce.
UMOS is a large non-profit organization operating programs in multiple states. Please see our website for more information about the programs we operate.
Finance and Insurance