Transit Operations Supervisor
- Posted: 26 days ago
- $50,654 to $63,318 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) is searching for a Transit Operations Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of the transit services of the Shuttle-UM Transit System, Department of Transportation Services and satellite campuses. The position ensures that safe, dependable, and reliable transit service is provided to transit passengers.
- Staffing all service shifts during his/her on-duty shift
- Responding to system emergencies and crises, including accidents, vehicle breakdowns, and staffing shortages
- Conducting dispatch and training operations when necessary
- Facilitating random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
- Conducting ridership tallies and stop studies
- Works closely with the management staff to review and provide route data
- Acts as a liaison to the maintenance, dispatch, and operations staff to orchestrate the daily transit functions
- Conducts interviews, hiring, and training for new driving staff
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Transit/ transportation industry experience required
- University Transit/Shuttle experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred
- Supervisor or management experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent customer service and conflict management skills are preferred
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Current, valid Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement and NOT restricted for airbrakes
- Current valid US DOT medical driver certification.
- Starting salary range of mid-50s to low 60s, depending on relevant skills and experience
- The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays
- Tuition remission is available
Benefits: The University of Maryland offers a generous and competitive benefits package to include health, dental, annual, and sick leave, retirement plan as well as tuition remission
To apply, please upload a cover letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
8537 Paint Branch DriveCollege Park, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?